reving at idol????

skateelements16

ok i got the car and it has a base model s motor.... sohc n crap and no balls.... also the retard befor me just cut off the muffler. When im sitting at idol the car will like be above 1k rpm like 1 or 2 notches then it will drop blew 1 or 2 notches... and then rev up the the 1 - 2 nothces above 1k and then drop. What could be the problem... this motor has to atleast last me 3 months b4 i can get a swap.... and it has 135000 miles. so what yall think?

Some of the older cars that came into the shop I worked at had that going on. It usually seemed to settle down after you ran it for a couple minutes. Does it do that for you?

Don't know exactly what's up with that. You can prolly go three months without a swap (I would hope), and honestly I'd deffo try to do it. If you're already gonna swap something else in, then don't spend any money on the d15 you got in there. Just... deal?

im not noob when it comes to honda and and solles.... anyone that wants mudflaps on there car should be shot. Mud flaps belong on rally cars and trucks and if it makes it "look lowere" then lower the damn thing. I dislike of the d series motors... had a friend that modded his stock del sol and i moded my 00 civic si and out of both that i drove i like the b16. If i knew nothing i wouldnt be swapping my own motor fawk tards.

SolLesHonda I'm just curious why you think the b16a is overrated.. I have my own reasons, which are numerous, but there don't seem to be a lot of people who agree with me. It seems everyones always all about the b16a..

sohc... im not sayin its a bad motor.... its just if you spend the same money moding up a b16 and a d w/e sohc.... the b16 is going to come out on top. There nice motors but not for someone who want a little more. I wanted a GSR n all but a b16 is way cheaper thus giving me more money for mods to the motor and car.

all stuff aside my b16 in my del sol did the FAST IDLE, the shop i went to said it was my idle air controll valve, they replaced it and now im smooth runnin'!!

My del sol had that same fast idle crap when I got it. But i expected that from a car I got for $150. I brought it in wondering what it was and all they did was add coolant to it and bam...fixed. I don't know if it will work for you but I'd say check the coolant just to be sure.

Archived