Good news

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That link was for solles. You could put it in your car as it sits right now. Some people think my car is S/C because of the lowend accel and the whine from the gears (very hard to hear since my car is loud).

What year is your dads S2000? This will take a lil research.

Edit: My mistake, thought that was for the S2K and thought it was wierd that there was nothing in for 6th. It's a 2001 S2000.

Also, we would drive out to have you do the work, so shipping wouldn't be a concern.

Man, I'm getting confused. So 2 posts up is about the S2000 I see now. Any ideas on differences in times with the 4.7?

Just throwing in my two cents but I know a kid with a boosted '95 GSR using a b16 tranny with an ls fifth gear..seems to work pretty nicely..especially for cruising..I'm pretty sure he's in fifth during his quarter mile runs.

So ..here's my question.. In assuming that he'd be f*cking himself should he go with the original b16 fifth gear ..as far as track running and wide open cruising goes.. would I be right?

Here is the S2000. Red is with the final drive. 150 to install it, around 200-300 to drop and reinstall the rear end. There is an alternative to boosting it (I carry Full-Race kits...). Resleeve and big bore... Could probably put down 280-300whp all motor. Would run right at 5k including labor and a custom SMSP header.

For the D trans listed above...

Gear ShiftRPM Speed @ 7500 RPM

1st N/A 37.3

2nd 4385 63.7

3rd 5313 90.0

4th 5940 113.6

5th 4939 172.5

RPM in top gear at 70 mph: 3043

How much for this and the Fidanza flywheel rather than just doing the final drive?

SolLes, you recommended a 4.7 FD for me, but that's so far outta my league with car knowledge I don't even know what to make of it. I read through this and from what I gather it makes you go through gears faster so you accelerate better but lose some of your top speed (as you mentioned to me earlier) because you reach redlines faster. Sounds good to me, but that's thinking too far in the future for me. I'll hopefully be asking around for one of these dealies much later, once everything else is done with my sol.

Archived