should i pay $4250 for this 94 sol

skateelements16

ok the motor is a stock motor with nothing done to it. Its a base model... nothing fast or n e thing. The supension has coilovers and camber kit and all the bars have been replaced and made stronger. There is also 5spoke rims on it. The paint isnt perfect but is good enough.... garage kept... interior perfect. slow A/c leak.... 60k miles. Front type r lip..... 5speed manual. Wanted 4500.... i told him 4250 maybe. Sry that i dont have brand names for this crap but it isnt cheap crap. Advice would help. In texas blue book for a sol like this stock is 3700 i think.

If the kbb says 3700 then I would have started my offers a little below that, citing that as my source for such an offer. However, he prolly knows that the few things he has done to it are worth some money, even if not as much as he's asking. Garage kept and only 60k are both nice. Is he the original owner? If so, then you should ask to see records of repairs and whatnot, which might give you a heads-up as to the real reason he's selling it, if there is some sinister purpose behind it. Although, from the low miles and the few mods, I'd say this is just a toy he got tired of and is now willing to part with. If you come prepared to the discussion you could prolly haggle him down enough to make it worth your while, even if it means paying slightly above blue book. They tend to last, hondas, and a car like that is a good base for mod work. That's all just my two cents, for what it's worth.

Yeah, that's my philosophy too, with some exceptions. Since he already has coilovers and whatnot on the car, it might be worth going over it a bit. I bought my sol s for 600 below blue book but now I want coilovers so bye-bye savings.

well call me a dumbass, but i think a car thats 12 years old with 60k miles sounds like a good deal for 4250 especially for a del sol. i never checked the blue book value for my car but i bought it at 7.5k +2.5k warranty. the car had 60 thousand miles and was in mint condition. now before you flame me, do take note that i bought it at a dealership so i couldnt haggle as much as i could with a private seller.

well call me a dumbass

DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-" You said to say it so i did...

And i think it a little too much for a Del Sol S, If it was a Si-VTEC i would say hop on it but from what it sounds like it is an S... i think the blue book value for a Si-VTEC is 5,000...I mean if you really like it then buy the car and maybe later you can swap the motor for a B series or you could go crazy with it and throw in a K20A...But whatever you choose to do Good Luck to you man!!! :thumbsup:

SI VTEC sol's retail much higher than 5 .. most sell around here for damn near 8 or 9.

Oh, my fault :blush: I think that ill go to Books-A-Million and buy the Blue Book to check the value of my cars and to check up on the Del Sol to see if this guy is getting a good deal...:thumbsup:

It's easy if you pay more than KBB value then you're overpaying.

I don't entirely agree with that. The KBB doesn't take into account things like personal taste, which might make it reasonable for one particular buyer to pay more than another for a certain car. The KBB is still just a guide, and cannot possibly apply to every buyer out there. That's not to say that I don't trust it highly, however.

Archived