Intalling Lowering Springs

I've searched here and Honda-tech.com and still can't find clear-cut directions on how to install these yourself. What I do know is a spring compresser is mandatory and they don't cost that much. That's about it. I'm a n00b, help would be great...

You can do it without a spring compressor, most cheap ones are tough to fit between the coils. PM me if you want to know about NOT using the compressor since it could be dangerous.

Front.

1. remove wheel (obviously)

2. Loosen 17mm nut/bolt at the lower fork mount

3. remove 14mm pinch bolt that holds the shock into the fork

4. remove 2x 12 or 14mm upper mount nuts

5. remove step #2

6. tap fork with hammer to seperate from shock

* if you're not changing shocks skip steps 3 & 6... it makes it easier to do it though.

7. put on spring compressor (it doesn' have to be very tight, just enough to hold the spring back when you remove the 12mm self locking nut)

8. remove spring

9. put on new spring, turn until flat spot on the bottom hits the stopper on the shock - you'll see it when you get there.

10. compress new srping, install top mount.

11. reverse steps 1-6

Rear:

1. remove lower 14mm bolt (these can be a bitch since they rust to the middle of the bushing), if the head begins to turn & the threads don't move... STOP move to step 2

2. remove inner 14mm bolt

3. remove outer 14mm bolt

4. remove 2x 12 or 14mm upper mount nuts

4. remove complete rear lower arm with shock attached

5. follow front spring removal/install and reverse steps 1-4

** if the lower shock bolt comes out, then remove either the inner or outer lower 14mm bolt to let the lower arm swing down so you can get the shock out easier, the inner bolt is usually easier.

You'll see the mark in the rubber isolator in the upper mounts on where to line up the flat spot on the spring. Impacts make it much, much easier.

dont sound too clear to me but if you got it integra. no shocks on these cars dude for one thing. makes it confusing using wrong terminology for one. seperate shock from fork like wtf are you talkin about , why making this complicated for him , lol. pm me integra ill give ya better directions man if you like.

dont sound too clear to me but if you got it integra. no shocks on these cars dude for one thing. makes it confusing using wrong terminology for one. seperate shock from fork like wtf are you talkin about , why making this complicated for him , lol. pm me integra ill give ya better directions man if you like.

Sorry 90IntegraC1 .... forgot to wait for know it all to chime in first, make sure to change "shock" to "damper" on your printout.

Yes cranny, you can seperate the front damper from the fork, I've done it & seen it done before. It's really not that hard actually. I think your simple mind is confused cause it's really more 'U' or wishbone shaped than traditional fork shaped, however, many people simply call it the fork. See when you loosen that 14mm bolt, it lets the top of the fork expand allowing one to remove the damper, in case they were ever in need to replace one. The visual below shows this fork as I so incorrectly refer to it.

Install with pics, it's wrong though cause they say "shock" and "fork"

http://www.integra.orcon.net.nz/koni

thats a 17mm bolt ya fukin noob no wonder you lost me. spreadin flase info and talkin crap to me noob , get a life. pm integra if you need help dude , this guy will confuse the fuk out of ya . and its called a wishbone ya goof. a fork is the front of a bike or something you eat with , shake your head. oh and its not called a damper either , its a strut. you been owned go home and cry.

When i go to eat chinese i always use chopsticks, i go a lot. The other day we had a new waitress and she was asian, all freaking out because me and my friends were using them. She said we were good at it or something.

I can pick up more with chopsticks than i can with a fork, especially rice.

thats a 17mm bolt ya fukin noob no wonder you lost me. spreadin flase info and talkin crap to me noob , get a life. pm integra if you need help dude , this guy will confuse the fuk out of ya . and its called a wishbone ya goof. a fork is the front of a bike or something you eat with , shake your head. oh and its not called a damper either , its a strut. you been owned go home and cry.

I'll talk sh*t to you all day long douchebag, I have a life & don't spend every minute of it second guessing people on a message forum.

Who's owned now bitch? You can shut the fawk up at anytime.

I call it a fork & apparently so does Honda, I'm shaking me head at your stupidity & inability to accept the fact you're a dumba$$

I'll remind you... TO SAVE SOME FACE... YOU CAN SHUT THE FAWK UP AT ANY TIME

I'll even help you read it:

- Remove DAMPER pinch bolt

- Remove DAMPER FORK bolt

I know the difference between a shock and strut, you're just so ignorant I decided to use the term DAMPER to prove that you actually are a worthless piece of crap & would try to unsuccessfully prove me wrong. At least I can prove my "false" information, what do you have now noob?

Let me know if you want me to school you on the rear DAMPER also. Oh, and since you're smarter than the company that built the car the bolt/nut sizes are listed as the size & pitch of the threads and not the size socket needed to remove them, who's crying now noob?

Since knowledge is strictly based on how many times you post in a forum:

** pics courtesy of 1993 Honda Integra Service Manual**

aar1.jpg

aai1.jpg

DAMPER pinch bolt = 14mm

DAMPER lower FORK bolt = 17mm

DAMPER lower FORK nut = 17mm

90IntegraC1, if you remove the pinch bolt that holds the DAMPER into the FORK, please let us know what size it was, and let us know what size the nut/bolt that holds the DAMPER FORK to the front lower arm was also.

cranny = owned

cranny = shown who is the noob

ok i was wrong about what bolt you were talkin about. thought you were talkin bottom bolt which is the one you should use integra. your talkin about splitting the strut from thr fork and ive never seen it done. power to you. i like to make things easier on myself not do it the hard way. i admit i was wrong on what bolt you were talkin about. either way its the wrong way to do it and if theres anyone else on here that actually works on cars , im sure they would agree with me. anyone?

crack your top strut bolt first off that holds strut cap on , sometimes it cracks as easily as that , no hassle. if not , your prolly gonna need heat , if you dont and there rusty youl break em or strip the allan center out. take your strut tower bolts out . take your wishbone bolt out on bottom and 10mm nuts that hold flex hose to it and pow you have strut simple. but anyways either way. keep in mind and im not even bein sacrastic right now , i learned what i know from layin under cars and taking them apart for the last 15 years not reading diagrams.

I learned the same way, manuals sometimes help clear up miscommunication. I will agree on the heat on the top nut, I've always used impacts but if you're doing it by hand heat definately helps, it should be a self locking bolt and heat will melt out the insert, if you're lucky you may not even need the allen key.

both of us dude except i disagree with splitting the fork from the strut. but do whatever pleases you dude. easier my way i assure you.

no hard feelins ap1 , lol , and no more callin each other noob , haha. we both know what were talkin about it seems to me so just a little miscommunication , sorry dude.

Archived