prelude

SexyH22

well were not getting any spark off the coil, so it hasnt even gotten to the distr. yet. so its gotta be either the coil, or something pre-coil, like a sensor or something, but the check eng. light isnt on, so its really got me confused.

with the prelude it could be anything if you've just re built it... so many wires i'll ask my dad in the morning he might have more suggestions. but i think its the relay. or the distributor. or both try re wiring it again or try and get a probe. i think it should all work just a case of putting all the plugs in the right place.

everything is hooked up right, hondas are kinda error proof, the length and shape of each plug makes it impossible to hook up crap wrong. and all the fuses are whole.

problem with electronics is one lose plug can be like looking for a needle in a hay stack. but if you say its all in.... an i dought anything will be faulty. maybe cleaning the distributer cap. an its connectors. have you asked honda for any ideas?

not tdc sensor , CPS or crank position sensor maybe. even if something is wrong timing or what not plugs should still fire no matter what. try testing your distributor output with multi meter see if theres anything. your distributor gets its signal to fire from the ecu obviously so check its signal as well. prolem somin simple man poke around. if it ran before you started this than its prolly somin that you unhooked or changed for sure , trace your steps and youl find it dude.

yeah i havent been back to work n it in a while..... i dont think that you guys are understanding though. we have figrured the problem to be at or before the coil. this means that it has never made it to the dist. there is no spark coming out of the coil wire.... but yeah, we just gotta play w/ it, and i relaly hope its not the crank sensor casue i dont wanna have to tear through all the timinig again.

your crank position sensor(ckp as its known or crank fluctuation sensor) , your top dead center sensor(TDC) , and cylinder piston sensor(CYP), are all located in your distributor. crank position sensor is used for fuel injection timing , ignition timing , and engine rpm. TDC sensor is used by ecu to determine ignition timing during starting , CYP sensor is used by ecu to determine timing for sequential fuel injection. dude i dont know if you have your timing belt covers on yet or if you smoked a big fatty before reinstalling , lol , but i think your crank position sensor is unplugged maybe. if your car was runnin before you took it apart than it must obviously be somin you did. take timing cover off and look to see if CKP sensor is plugged in. located very close to crank pully(the sensor is). find where the harness for CKP exits timing belt area(towards firewall side of crank. if its all factory still its splitloomed. make sure its plugged in. make sure no plugs are switched and hooked up in wrong place. you dont have to take timing belt off normally to get CKP off so you dont have to set your timing again not that its hard anyways.

Archived