Lowering kit/strut replacement recommendations

TS John

In the thread about lowering a del sol I saw that omnipowers are getting good reviews for the sol. Just curious: if I put a lowering kit on my car (one of the ones you guys recommended in that thread, probably) will it replace my struts too, or will I need to buy them seperately? Because I know I need struts for my sol, and if I can kill two birds with one stone, or rather with one cash outlay, I'm all for it. One thing, though, I really don't want my car lowered too much (probably not more than an inch to an inch and a half). Just wondering what you guys would recommend.

By the way, sorry to post in a new thread like this, but the olther one hadn't been active since early February and I didn't want to resurrect the past. I figured it might be better just to start a new one. Let me know if this is a problem as I'm still a noob.

It's all the same product. just search around for the best price. With del sol you'll probably have a hard time getting the lower control arm bolt off. I can almost garuntee it will be seized. You should get under there with an impact wrench before you order the stuff and if you can't break it, order new LCA's for the back. It will be cheaper and easier.

Good advice and much appreciated. Thanks, muchly. Just to simplify my search, if you happen to know off-hand what sort of price range I will be looking at, I could use the info. If not I'll find it out soon enough.

Edit Update: Whoa, whoa, whoa! I just went to omnipower's website and they have the full coilover kit for all civic models (88-00) for 200 bucks! Is that really all I need? Becuase that just seems to be too good to be true. Unless these new LCAs end up costing another $200 then getting a full set of lowering coilovers is gonna run me about half as much as just replacing the struts. I apologize if it seems like I'm just doubting you, but it all seems so cheap I'm just surprised I haven't done it yet.

Yeah, I just saw that. Much to my disappointment. So what I would need is the full kit dealy, which seems to be running $750. That seems a bit more realistic, unfortunately.

Thanks very much to both of you. It seems like if a guy needs del sol information on here he can pretty much get it from one of you. Any useful links for those prices?

Archived