Painting my Grill

onthefloor

I'd paint the upper one to match. You can get exact matching paint at paintscratch.com and from results of people that have used it, it's pretty good quality too.

i agree. paint the top one, leave the bottom.

Im talking about the top grill. Im a newbee at painting U think i can still do it by myself?

ALright im on the site now.... 1st off which of these do i need? Tricoat Clearcoat Primer? Or all 3? 2nd of all how much doo i need? 1/2 oz 1oz or 2 oz??

Is your car milano red? If so don't paint it yourself cause there's a midcoat that will be hard to make even. If not, then you'll want a primer, basecoat, clearcoat. Just make sure to sand with about 600 or 800 grit, then put 2 or 3 coats of primer and then do a bunch of really light coats of paint. It should take about 3 coats to fully cover it because you want to put on really light coats, otherwise it will run and fisheye. Then do about 2 or 3 coats of clearcoat. Leave about 10 minutes between each coat. Then let it sit overnight and install the next day. It's really not that hard.

get a scotchbright pad and scuff where you want to paint than tape off where you dont want to. and spray away. dont get runs and dont put too little paint on it. you want it to dry in a hot dry place. moisture will make paint flash off or dull , so will cold.

Just to clarify Cranny. Don't put to little on in general, but spray it really light for each coat. The key is higher quantity lighter coats rather than fewer heavy coats. Scotch Brite pad will work to scuff the surface to, just make sure to clean it with alcohol before you start spraying to get all the dust off from sanding.

i need no painting tips son , but thanks. ive ground up restored cars. my last car i restored actually frame off ground up was a 68 camara SS. wanna see pics? shouldnt say frome off cause it is a unit body car but , lol , thats the saying. i dont know what kind of paint your talkin about but go ahead and put heavy coats on see what happens. acrylic maybe.

i agree. paint it black dude for sure. you want a little bit of contrast , paint it flat black than but do a good job. but not red too clashy.

Archived