axle replacement

sha0linzer0

take wheel off , undo axle nut. undo upper ball joint and tie rod end. undo wishbone nut. tap axle out of spindle. use flathead screwdriver to pry axle loose from tranny(little fluid will come out). push down on LCA to seperate from strut enough to slide axle out. installation opposite of removal.

yeah sometimes more than others your right. by the way soles a really wierd fact , if you take fill plug(upper) off your tranny with the car level , dribbles will come out . than if you jack passenger side up or lean car away from hole which you would think would make less come out , she dumps more , lol. wierd. happened to me last night on a B16 , i was like wtf. dam japs are so smart they defy gravity , hahaha.

Drain fluid.

Remove axle nut. 32mm socket. stick a screwdriver in the rotor vents to keep it from turning while breaking loose.

Remove castle nut on bottom of hub. Pop ball joint by placing a wrench on top of the LCA while it is jacked up, then let it down, it will pop right out.

Remove fork bolt

Pry axle out. Reverse for installation. No need to undo tie-rod end.

makes it easier for people who havent done it alot ssr is all for the sake of one nut. but yes i know you can do it without takin it off. also is way easier both for taking apart and reinstalling to seperate upper not lower. take crown nut(castle bolt?lol) , off the upper. hit the spindle arm not the a arm with a hammer a few times it will pop right apart.

absolutely check your fluid when done this. even if you only lose dribbles you never know. take upper plug out of tranny(17mm wrench) , make car as level as possible front to back and side to side , and fill your tranny through that upper hole with 10w30 until it starts commin back out and throw the plug back in. done deal.

PS . thanks black , :p

Archived