engine specs

B18C1vic

ok here is what im planning on getting, a Dart b20 block, 92 mm stroke, 81.5 mm bore. im going for a type r rev limit. i want it to be capable of handleing around 15-20 psi, im not gunna boost that much if im not at the track, will this setup work? do i have room to work with more stroke. tell me what you guys think. if i left anything out that you need to know, just ask me or hit me up on aim, KeptRealHBCStyle

ssr, thanks man, i read in a topic from a few moths earlier that you said that...i forget what mm bore it was but it was close to 84 mm, couldnt handle much boost, they only offer 81.5mm bore and 84.5 mm bore in the sleeved dart blocks, also would there be room for maybe a 95 mm stroke and still be able to use the type r rev limit, 9000 i guess it is. thanks for the info guys, keep it comin

yall can hit me up on AIM, KeptRealHBCStyle

OEM B20 sleeves don't like boost.

Get the 81.5mm and bore it to 84mm.

Don't go over 92mm or your engines life span will be very short.

700whp can be done without nitrous.

Personally I'd just get the Dart B20+, Crower 92mm., Cunningham rods, custom CP pistons, B16 head, Rocket Motorsports CNC headwork, RM M24X cams, SMSP header, Jenvey ITB's. I can build the above close to 260-270whp.

what kind of compression ratio should i be lookin at for 15-20psi? im thinkin prolly like 8-8.5:1, im not sure if iwould feel easy with runnin it to 9000 at that boost if i had maybe 9:1, i just want to make sure i do it right and build it to last a decent amount of time. just curious, but why a b16 head, and i know im gunna kick my self when i hear it cause i know ive heard it before but what is ITB again, thanks a bunch guys, keep it comin

• 2 weeks later...

Archived