Superchargers/Turbochargers for h22a5

InfinitePrelude

Ok after reading lots of forums and going to lots of cruises... im starting to like the idea of getting a forced induction system... so far ive only found one that i like the look of and was wondering if anyone knows if this is any good?

http://www.jacksonracing.com/Shop/ViewProd...teIndexID=33374

You can make yer lude pretty damn fast with turbo or you could sell it and buy a fast car. You cant beat CU thats my new motto and you can get a ls1 camaro for pretty cheap these days and they scream stock. Not dissin on ludes cuz I own one but thats what I would do instead of spending my money on moding my lude believe me I spent tons of mula on my dsm and I sold it becuase it wasnt reliable.

Cubic Inches and Im not dissin on people who have money invested in there cars cuz lets face it sexyh22 u have a SICK NASTY car but Im saying if you dont feel likeing messing with turbocharging your car cuz yer car is turboed right. Im just saying Cubic Inches reliable horsepower Vs. Massive HP in 4 cylinder. Yea Id rather have a 4 banger that can smoke a V8 but not everybody knows how to tune a car and mess with turbo, u know what Im spittin theres a lot u have to mess with air to fuel ratio, that alone can be a major head ache.

But sexy yer car is MAD CRAZY. Where are u from n e ways.

And tanx 90

turbo lags slightly till you get boost built and SC is boost right off the line but turbo has wayy more possibility for power than a supercharger. supcharger no good for import applications in my opinion. not gonna cost any more or less to get into boost either way so why not go turbo and get the most boost has to offer for your import.

thanks i appreciate the compliments. im from Denver, CO. my buddy has a 2000 camaro SS and yeah, its has power and is reliable, but parts are expensive as hell. i think he spent like $2000 intke long-tubes and exhaust. but he only buys the best chit.

getting a camero or any US car is out of the question as i don't live in the US, and is difficult or expensive to get over here in the UK. Im not really planning on changing cars for a long time this may very well be with me for the next 5 years or so as its one of the fastest car i can insure at my age at my price range. so i have to consider the insurance when turboing or supercharging. so until im 25 the mods are gonna be minor but want some kind of boost not too expensive. just enough to get enough power so i can beat 14 secs on the 1/4 mile,

although some people on different forums say they got 14's out of their stock ludes? is that possible?

no, it takes a bit of moifications to hit below 14's. i'd say stick w/ your lude anyway. i love mine.

yeah me too i like my car to much to swap it for anything else.

I got a £5k budget for tuning and a little tarting up. well getting rid of chips an scratches an getting some skirts. thats been quoted around £1k so that leaves so that leaves me with £4k on just tuning.

Honestly u have the H22 if I were you I would go with a DC header, A'pex N1 Catback, and an AEM cold air intake. You would be surprised how much that would up the perfomance in your car. The intake alone Vtec's love air. LOL then you dont have to worry about all the headaches that come with turboing your car becuse if you use all your money to turbo it and something happins how are you going to fix it. Beleive me I know I had a 450 whp TSI and I ran outta money and if something would have went wrong I would have been screwed so I had to sell it b4 something did.

You should get the kit SexyH22 has on his car for yers its sick. I wish they had decent looking kits for my car. I could just get the JDM lip kit but its exspensive.

i wouldn't bother tuning until you have more than bolt on mods.

and you wil see power from a dc header, but not the gains you could get out of a smsp header. there are a bunch ofthreads about which header brands are best if you do a search.

Ok hows this there is a honda tuning company near me, but they only got the GReddy Turbo Kits, thats going for £2220 + fittings. It'll make it simpler for me right? they reckon 50 - 100bhp if i add an intercooler? is that any good? im hoping if i get it from somewhere local i can always get them to make sure everything is correctly fitted. oh an anyone know whats needed to let the engine rev higher past 9/10k revs without distroying the engine???

Archived