Anyone have these?

96HDX

not 3 weeks ago i put a set of ebay coilovers on my bud craigs 97 civic hatch. like the man said the car literally bounces like a ball in the rear end. junk. harsh damage to your ride man.

I wouldn't buy anything off e-bay that's not a name brand. Don't buy Bomz brand crap either. The CAI I bought when I fist got my car didn't fit well, and had a whoreable screech under load! Junk!! Only worth the $50 paid.

your right bomz racing is junk big time. i put one on that same car 97 civic hatch i had to put a dent in it to fit the hood down which of course isnt good. vertical throttle bodys are a pain in the ass.

dont buy ANYTHING that doesn't have a noted spring rate (pilot, matrix, boms, etc...)

if you want a cheap fix, and something thats not TOO harsh, get the Arospeeds, they are cheap, but they work well, and have a little lower spring rate than skunk2's so they arent so bouncy

i rock those with the KYB AGX struts and i love the combo. corners are very fun

If you must buy springs and keep stock shocks get skunk2, TEIN, or Tanabe. I have Tanabe but I couldn't deal with bouncing with stock shocks. Most will bounce, but the skunk2's are alittle stiffer. Get Tokico shocks for like 210 shipped on ebay. Well worth it IMO.

Edit : Arospeed and Maxspeed coilovers suck, stay away.

I run Tein S-techs with stock shocks and have no bounce whatsover. Close to stock ride quality with some improved handling. If you can't afford the shocks right now too, the Tein's are the way to go.

+1 .. Agreed, the Tanabe's bounced too much for me with stock struts, it was seriously like driving a boat once I hit a bump. I'm just not a big fan of Skunk2 so I would say go for the TEIN's. They are like 150 bucks.

Ok, it seems you have heard wrong. Why don't we take it to the test and go on a track. I'm willing to go wherever you want just to prove I will roll you no matter what on any turn with your "arospeeds" ... Honestly. They suck. Bottom line. Some wheel companies give them away when you buy certain things .. that's absolutely bad.

Archived