swapping in a b16

ok i have a 95 civic cx..i am buying a b16a (2) i think bacause it says obd1 http://www.japanesestarmotor.com/engine/24...-VTEC-OBD1.html

i know i need a rear tranny mount, but what kind, also iv heard i need an ecu...will the one that comes with that engine work and how do i wire in the vtec,,,im thinking about buying a harness from hasport that is like 125$..also is there any thing else i will need?

o yeah is that engine the best choice for my 95 civic., im getting kinda confused

I agree with Sol on this. For being an OBD1, without axles, and linkage, but I will as that $1800 is kind of tempting. (but it will cost ya to get the rest of the needed stuff) Will they let you choose one from the selection, and are they compression tested(with a slip showing it)?

.B16A for your civic dude is def the way to go. but i agree too much money for just the engine man(unless its brand new). the ad is wrong as well its not a JDM engine if it only has 160 horse its a USDM. JDM B16A has 170 horse(slightly higher compression , 10.2:1 i beleve vs 10:1. not only that the ad says in the parts included that it comes with the vtec , hahahaha no crap since its built right in. i can tell by lookin at it its a B16A not A2.http://www.hmotorsonline.com/

a JDM B16A i recommend. but a USDM B16A will do fine only 10 ponys in the diff once you mod you wont even notice those 10 ponys. but do yourself a favor and def get a complete swap. at the very least you want linkage , engine , tranny , ECU , mounts , sensors , harness . Although most of em come with axles, axles out of an integra are a dime a dozen you know what i mean. but to put a B16A in your ride dude easy swap it really is mostly boly on. go with the complete swap if you can budget it way less headaches. specially with sensors and such as when buying them individually they can get exspensive.

the motor you were lookin at is an OBD1 engine. your car is OBD 1. so your good there. i think youl be good man as long as you buy an OBD1 engine(which will come with an OBD1 harness and ecu). My bud has a B16A swapped into his 92 integra and it only runs 1 O2 sensor . maybe im missin the question. pretty straight forward swap man. the ecu youl get (obd1) will plug right into your harness in the car(supply harness), and your engine should come with an engine harness to run through the firewall from your ecu. other than that its a matter of hookin everythin where it needs to go once motor is in. its that easy dude. once motor is in car hook up wiring as i said , linkage (snap) , once thats all good fire the axles in and throw front sus. back together and away you go. the throttle and clutch cables out of your cx should work with the B16 no prolem. other than that , watch your 6500 rpm redline tachometer dive way down to 8 , hehe.

Make sure you get a hydro tranny. There are a lot of great prices on obd1 b16a with cable tranny from 92-93 integra xsi. You need the hydro tranny. Make sure you watch out for that. i'd recommend spending the extra 300 and buying the LSD with it as well. 300 is much cheaper than it will be to do later on down the road. You will need to convert your o2 sensor to 4 wire.

It will come with a Vtec solenoid and the wiring necessary. When I had my vx, the swap was a breeze with the z6. I know too many people who said the b16 swap was cake. You might need a new radiator bracket though. But I only know one person who needed that. Good luck man. As far as the 02 sensor, buy a new one from advanced auto parts/pep boys .

Limited Slip Differentials deliver power to both "drive" wheels. Most cars come with an open differential which send power to the wheel with the least amount of traction. What sucks about that is that you will get more wheel spin when accelerating hard or cornering. It will help alot. Buy it for the 300 bucks. The Quaife LSD is like $900. It's worth it to buy it for $300. Plus it's already equipped in the tranny when you buy it for the $300 with the motor.

There is no such thing as one wheel smoke shows out on track. All it does is make your car pull through the turns.

If you want to throw in a 4.7 or ATS 4.9 FD in the future, you can't put those in the JDM B16 LSD transmissions.

your tellin me without lsd you cant rip one wheel while cornering? dont even answer cause i know you can wtf are you talkin about. No you wont see that on the track cause they all run limited slip. makes you pull through the turns better cause it doesnt let one wheel get all the power. i dont even know why i get upset he says im wrong than states the same thing as me.way to go .

not in hard cornering they cant. sends power to wheel with the least resistance. the wheel on the outside of the corner is well planted during hard cornering.

Archived