Launch Points for h22

q18prelude

lookin for a good rpm start point for the h22. I'm still getting a lot of wheel spin and i need for that to come to a hault. I got the vafc 2 which allows me to redline at about 8600 rpms as well as a stage 2 clutch but i dont like them thinking that they even have a chance from the start. I generally launch at about 2500-3000 rpms and its just to much pull. What should i do? Drop something? Add something? Any info would be appreciated thanks.

yeah i figured that this one would be a pretty hard topic to discuss. When i first got the swap i was on a downward hill and launched from about 2000 rpms and it sot off without wheel spin and got to 60 like it was nobodys business. I have yet to run up on that kind of launch again but i was very excited. At the time i was runnin on a slipping clutch and 18 inch chrome wheels. So i'll take it out this weekend and see what 1500 does for wheel spin.

• 4 weeks later...
oooh one thing im gonna be trying soon is boncing the revs near the limiter and trying to catch the green light on a climing rev. an when the wheels are spinning im gonna try pumping the gas to reduce the slip

I would have it at around 4k rpm's and instead of dropping the clutch, quickly ride out the clutch.

• 1 month later...
lookin for a good rpm start point for the h22. I'm still getting a lot of wheel spin and i need for that to come to a hault. I got the vafc 2 which allows me to redline at about 8600 rpms as well as a stage 2 clutch but i dont like them thinking that they even have a chance from the start. I generally launch at about 2500-3000 rpms and its just to much pull. What should i do? Drop something? Add something? Any info would be appreciated thanks.

I've practiced launching my h22 lude and tried everything. If u launch too low of rpm, it won't be very powerful, if u launch at too high of rpm then your car will start to hop which is not good. I have found that 3300 rpm is the perfect launch range for me. Try that!

3300 is way too low IMO. You aren't clutching properly if you do it at 3300.

For my D I often went 4,000 ...

xxscaxx- My buddy ahs an AWD Audi S4, and the tires won't even spin ... it just goes. It is insane.

launching rpms greatly depends on lauching styles..... i launch mine at 3000 at the strip and 3500 on the street.

It all matters on what you have done to your car because a geo wont spin but a 300whp prelude will. My dad and I race a 69 camaro and we run 10.1s with a muncie 4spd and a 350 on slicks. But when we take it to car shows we put cheater slicks on and it varys a lot because we race no headers and a diff. jetted carb and if we take just that little of things and take them off it matters the launch points around 1k cuz of slipping.

3300 is way too low IMO. You aren't clutching properly if you do it at 3300.

For my D I often went 4,000 ...

xxscaxx- My buddy ahs an AWD Audi S4, and the tires won't even spin ... it just goes. It is insane.

yeah, its f*cking insane. mine does too, but once or twice i revved it up to high so you heard the tires break loose for like a second. pretty badass still.

Archived