Replacing Front Bumper

budweiser11023

My parents car is a 2004 Honda Accord VTECH 3.0L V6 Silver. My mom hit a curb and it made a crack on the right side of the front bumper, that looks like a 6 inch long black scratch. I would like to fix it for them and save them money because then my dad will probably let me drive to this concert I want to go to. So can someone explain to me how this is done? And the difficulty level, and how much would it cost?

If the scratch is black then it is all they way through the paint, down to the bumper. The only decent looking fix would be to repaint the bumper. If you don't know how to do that, then there's no way you can just wing it. You're probably looking at around $200.00 at a body shop to get it fixed, assuming there's no damage to the bumper itself.

Edit: The bumper is scratched, the silver paint is out a little bit and I pulled it back the tiniest bit and its black underneath but solid no damage to black bumper, so I'm guessing the solution is to repaint it, what do I do to get the paint off thats already on the bumper?

I mean no offense with this comment, but if you are unsure of how to prep the bumper for paint, in no way are you going to be able to give it a factory finish paint job. It won't look very good and you'll wish you had taken it somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree on not doing it yourself.

Is the bumper cover cracked or just scratched? If it's cracked, then get a new one. If it's scratched, you'd need to fill it in depending on how deep it is. The entire bumper cover would then need to be wet-sanded and primed, blah blah blah.

I agree on not doing it yourself.

Is the bumper cover cracked or just scratched? If it's cracked, then get a new one. If it's scratched, you'd need to fill it in depending on how deep it is. The entire bumper cover would then need to be wet-sanded and primed, blah blah blah.

Bumpers fine its just the paint is like cracked in thin pieces and its coming off bumper a lil bit ill have pics soon.

Archived