Ram Air Intake For Del Sol

B16A3 Del Sol

I would rather have a Ram Air Racing Intake Than a Cold Air Intake... i dont think they make them for many cars though... My and I friend made one for his Eclipse, we made the prototype out of PVC pipe and then went to a Muffler shop (LMAO!!!) and got them to bend a pipe that was big enough for the car into the same shape that the prototype was in... and we just put a K&N filter on the tip... the Intake ran about 3inches off the ground and later we had to make a place for the Bypass... but it made a BIG difference in power and how much cooler his car ran ( his car had heat problems without the Ram Air Intake ) you people should try it.... sounds ghetto but it works really good!!!! right now im trying to figure out how to make one for the Del Sol, so it can come out of the front right fog light but there is no room to put the intake... So if there are any suggestions on how to mount the intake help me out... huh

I would rather have a Ram Air Racing Intake Than a Cold Air Intake... i dont think they make them for many cars though... My and I friend made one for his Eclipse, we made the prototype out of PVC pipe and then went to a Muffler shop (LMAO!!!) and got them to bend a pipe that was big enough for the car into the same shape that the prototype was in... and we just put a K&N filter on the tip... the Intake ran about 3inches off the ground and later we had to make a place for the Bypass... but it made a BIG difference in power and how much cooler his car ran ( his car had heat problems without the Ram Air Intake ) you people should try it.... sounds ghetto but it works really good!!!! right now im trying to figure out how to make one for the Del Sol, so it can come out of the front right fog light but there is no room to put the intake... So if there are any suggestions on how to mount the intake help me out... huh

wow buddy.

no offense, but if you think an intake made a big difference in power you dont know what power feels like.

Surely this is a joke and he just forgot to add the smiley.

No intake on the planet is going to make a BIG difference in power, I don't care if it's designed by NASA.

is that why injen makes intakes that can boost your power up to 10HP? if thats not a big power gain off of a little intake then you have some serious issues... plus the intake im trying to make is for show... like when i go to carshows i want it to look clean... really now how many people have a ram air intake sitting right behind the right side where the foglight is supposed to be?

Obviously you've never seen a company test one of those intakes, those intakes are tested with the hood open and a huge fan blowing on the front of the car. In a real world application you'd be lucky to get 5 hp out of an intake. And if you think that 10hp is a BIG increase from any mod, then obviously I'm not the one with issues. A BIG increase would be a turbo that gains 120whp, or even a supercharger that gets an extra 80whp, but definately not less than 10hp from an intake.

Ok the intake will not add 10 hp. Even if it did, that is not a big gain. I think he is serious guys ...

exactly. intakes are all hype. honestly, the only intake ive seen do anything is one made for my STi, K&N typhoon dynoed 12WHP. the INJEN i just bought someone got like 22whp or something but i doubt ill get near that.

and also the evos respond well too.

Obviously you've never seen a company test one of those intakes, those intakes are tested with the hood open and a huge fan blowing on the front of the car. In a real world application you'd be lucky to get 5 hp out of an intake. And if you think that 10hp is a BIG increase from any mod, then obviously I'm not the one with issues. A BIG increase would be a turbo that gains 120whp, or even a supercharger that gets an extra 80whp, but definately not less than 10hp from an intake.

Think abot this you're spending about 3 thousand for that turbo and im spending $100 for a intake... i think that i would rather buy a intake and fix all my internals to get ready for the turbo than just bolting on a turbo and fukkin up my car in the long run... i can spend that 3gz to get my car ready for the turbo and be almost as quick as you are with just a turbo, then all i have to do is throw on a T4 turbo (which is sitting in my room, i dont have the rest of the kit) and be a hell of alot quicker than you would be with just your single turbo upgrade...

you can only fawk up your car with a turbo if you do something incorrectly..

look at all the people running turboes.. only the cheap dumbasses get the fracked up cars pushin 15 lbs on a stock y7. just not smart thing to do.

Think abot this you're spending about 3 thousand for that turbo and im spending $100 for a intake... i think that i would rather buy a intake and fix all my internals to get ready for the turbo than just bolting on a turbo and fukkin up my car in the long run... i can spend that 3gz to get my car ready for the turbo and be almost as quick as you are with just a turbo, then all i have to do is throw on a T4 turbo (which is sitting in my room, i dont have the rest of the kit) and be a hell of alot quicker than you would be with just your single turbo upgrade...

I'm not going to get into a debate about what would make a car faster, this vs that. Also, I don't really give a crap how much a turbo costs compared to a intake. I was merely making a point that a turbo is a BIG increase in hp, not an intake. In case I wasn't clear before I think your retarded for thinking you can get 10whp from an intake, for thinking that 10whp is a BIG hp gain, and for thinking that a ghetto ram air intake will give you mad hp yo.

I'm not going to get into a debate about what would make a car faster, this vs that. Also, I don't really give a crap how much a turbo costs compared to a intake. I was merely making a point that a turbo is a BIG increase in hp, not an intake. In case I wasn't clear before I think your retarded for thinking you can get 10whp from an intake, for thinking that 10whp is a BIG hp gain, and for thinking that a ghetto ram air intake will give you mad hp yo.

bitched.

and i know its different for turbo applications i was just trying to make a point.

No I think that i said that 10Hp increase is a big increase for an INTAKE, get you facts straight cuhz...Not a big increase in all, yes i know 10hp isn't big but for a intake it is... and i never said that it was a WHP increase i said HP which means its to the crank not the wheels you dum a$$ w00t

... but it made a BIG difference in power and how much cooler his car ran ( his car had heat problems without the Ram Air Intake ) you people should try it.... sounds ghetto but it works really good!!!!

There you go cuz, a direct quote from a section of your first post. In no way does that say a BIG difference in power for an intake, it just says "made a BIG difference in power....." Hmmm,. seems like I have my facts straight after all.

There you go cuz, a direct quote from a section of your first post. In no way does that say a BIG difference in power for an intake, it just says "made a BIG difference in power....." Hmmm,. seems like I have my facts straight after all.

Bitched, again.

That's two for B16vtec today. Well done.

even to the crank you won't get 10 hp. and when it is dynoed it is to tha wheels. you should never count on hp to the crank. it is so missleading. even at the 5 hp you will get, I don't care if you paid 5 cents or $500 it will never make a big difference. and for the record if b16 turboed his car right he would rape you, especially if you just had $3000 into the engine for turbo prep. that would mean a lower compression (makes the car slower n/a) and head work. and if you think your short ram is good preparation for a turbo, well you're just going to have to remove it or remake it to fit where the turbo is.

i just feed the hamster in my motor steriods.. good for 300 monkeypower(if you read SCC, you know what i mean). When i got an intake, it made my curve look a hell of a lot better, although no real power was made. I would rather spend 3k on a turbo instead of pootie footen around with intakes and headers and stuff. Same goes for major n/a work. Only reason i got a turbo was becuase im in the desert, and i made a crapload of money over here. Woot for me

Archived