Mini Me question

d-block97

Advantage = more power with little work.

Disadvantage = none really.

Cheap 30hp.

I've got a 160i Civic '97 (we dont use that EK and HX and SI stuff here in South Africa)

how much would all this cost? and why must the intake manifold be taken aswell? cant i use the one from the d-block/?

also, wouldnt i need to change the piston heads seeing that the d-series is only 8valve and the SOHC VTEC is 16v? Or am i mistaken and the d series is a 16v and not a 8 valve like i think?

Also, what does this increase the maximum rev count to? I see mine iis now maximum 8000 but thats right at the end, past the red line. I see vtecs go to 10000. what will the sohc increase it to?

Head is 150, ECU 75 or so, headgasket 65.

Stock intake manifold flows like crap.

Some D's are 8 valve and some are 16. You don't need to change the pistons to do this. Stock fuel cutoff is 7,200 RPM.

Head is 150, ECU 75 or so, headgasket 65.

Stock intake manifold flows like crap.

Some D's are 8 valve and some are 16. You don't need to change the pistons to do this. Stock fuel cutoff is 7,200 RPM.

What type of v-tec would it be? I heard there's different types.

And what engine would the head come from? a B series? Is it a perfect fit?

Why call it mini-me though, it sounds crap. I'd call it VTEC-D or D/VTEC or somthing like that.

Thanks for your help guys!

• 11 months later...

Archived