Macco Paint Job???

TeamHeadTurners

Now this is not going to be a show car just a daily driver. I went to one shop near my house and they gave me a quote for like 4000-5000!!!! Now i went to Macco and they told me like 2000-2200. Now im a married man with one child so that 4000-5000 paint job is too damn high, but have any of you ever gottin a paint job with Macco and if so how did it turn out. Let me know

I've heard nothing but bad things about their macco paintjobs. Hell, I've even seen paint manufacturers say that you can use their paint over any existing paintjob except for a macco paintjob. I guess they use a really low quality of paint.

You must have a lot of problems, mostly because Maaco paint should cost no more than 1500 max. You can bring them the paint you want them to use, HOK is great paint, I would use that. I am painting my car the blue that Subaru STI comes in. I ordered the paint directly through Subaru. This way I can have some body shop use it and fix me on up.

You should estimate about 2500 for a good, glossy paint job, with all labor of minor dents and dings included. Just keep pursuing and you will find something worth looking into. Don't rush into it, it is not something you can just erase.

maaco isnt bad. they apray so many cars that they have good experience, but you just gotta watch out for oversparay. %2000 is way too much. my friend paid i think $450 at maaco here, and it was done in 2 days. looked pretty good. really good for a $450 paint job, but you couldnt see the overspray unless you looked for it.

maaco is a good company.. most people just see the "ambassador" paint job and thats 250. 1 coat of paint and 1 coat of clearcoat.. thats usually on fenders and 1/4 panel.. full job of the "ambassador" is usually around 1200 and ask for a few more coats of clearcoat thats probably about 300 extra

from what i hear there clearcoat is what usually sucks on paint jobs. i hear the best way to do it is get a cheap paintjob there, then go to a more reputable shop and have them give you a coat or 2 of clear.

usually you see all the poor kids get the really cheap paint job from macco. thats why it gets such a bad rep. if you get the really good paint job package, im sure it will be fine.

just depencds on the circumstances. if i bought a project car for like $500 and i was building it for a racecar, i would consider a maaco job, jsut so everything flows. bbut i'd probably end up rqattle canning the whole car flat black instead.

We had a macco around fort wayne. my buddy took his camaro there after he got in an accident. Iits not so much overspray your need to watch for, but the prep work that is invovled before they paint it. They dont put much time grinding, sanding, etc. in the prep. and when thats bad, the rest goes bad shortly after. Its been less that a year, and its already rusted back where it was before, and the [aint s bubbled where u know they didn't block well enough.

Archived