Birthday Present

SolLesHonda

Ok, so my birthday present arrived today. My parents bought me a Exedy organic clutch and Fidanza lightweight flywheel. I needed a new clutch, but my dad decided that it would be fun for a little while to have a light flywheel and nice clutch while I am building my new motor. Before I put it in, do you think that this flywheel is too light to put in the little D15B7 .. I mean it is made for it, but it only weighs 7 pounds. Will my idle suck .. ?? ... I just want some input before I put it in.

I want input, not flaming .. so if you are just going to ask why I am putting it in the D15, don't. And don't tell me to swap the motor either, that is coming this spring. It is in the works.o:)

im not flaming, but since your going with a new motor (b series i assume) you will need a new tranny. so it was a waste for the flywheel. but the clutch is all good since you needed it anyways.

if i was you, if your 100% about swapping motors, return the flywheel and get it for the motor your going to get.

But I am not 100 percent what motor I am getting ... It all depends ... my dad wants to help me out when I graduate and buy me one ... It is a surprise .. but you think I would be fine with it in for a little ... he won't return it ..

I'm sure it will be fine in your car. It was made for that car, but your revs will probably drop pretty fast so quick shifting to ya. I agree though, (not flaming here) but that seems like a waste of money if you are swapping regardless of what motor you swap to. Again, I'm not flaming you, just is kind of like if I bought a header when I plan to turbo in the spring.

I know ... good point .. but it was a present .. and my dad kind of likes helping me do stuff to the del sol because he always wanted to modify cars, but never had the chance ... he enjoys it and it is kind of cool, at least I think it is.

I just wanted some input, and I knew you weren't going to flame ... just wanted to say it just in case timmy or some other douchebag came on and decided to jack my thread.

Yeah, I think that's cool that your dad likes messing with cars with you. My dad and I have been fixing up his S2000 and the GSR I'm buying since he got them both 4-5 years ago, and it's a blast working on the cars with him (even though I usually get stuck doing most of the work)

Haha, that's like me. I always wind up doing it. He is fully capable of doing it, I just think he tests me seeing if I can do it, and when I do, he is like " you have already started it, you may as well finish it for me" It is a good experience though. Ripping apart this tranny to do the clutch and flywheel may not be a job I can do at home.>_<

Archived