Strut Tower Brace

shitonthat

I was just given a brand new strut tower brace that supposedly fits all 6th gen Civics, I installed it correctly but somehow it has found a way to rub against the hood. From take off, to about 1300 rpm, a subtle but awful grinding noise can be heard from the engine compartment. I have tightened and adjusted every aspect of the brace without any improvement, At one point I had fixed the rubbing but pinched off two connections running to the engine which led to a stall while in neutral. I'm fed up with it and want to take it off, but it was a gift from a good buddy. Tanabe produces the brace, so if anyone has any dealings with a similar part, please offer a solution.

• 2 months later...

I haven't personally had this prob. but a friend did with a cheap E-Bay one. He had to throw it out. Sorry to hear this, but thanks for listing the brand, so I don't get one of theirs. If you really want it to work, rubber mallots work wonders, Just Kidding!

Archived