New Stuff

SolLesHonda

I am really thinking about getting a header and a hi-flow cat. I heard a couple civics with the random technology cat, and I/H/E, and it sounded awesome. Most of them said they noticed a significant difference when they got it. Not only in sound at idle and WOT, but also in power. What do you think ???

what are you running now?

i have heard good things about random technology high flow cat, so i'd say go for it.

header is definitly a good upgrade, BUT...

do you plan on swapping your engine out/going turbo? because if you do this mod will only be a waste.

I think modding a D15 is like well....... modding a D15. (couldn't think of anything as stupid to compare it to. Oh here we go, modding a D15 is like having a hot sister, you really wanna mess around with it, but it's just not worth it. (that one wasn't too good either) Point is why would you mod your D15 to knock a tenth off your already high 16 qm. This is twice as dumb an idea since you are planning on swapping motors anyway.

I think modding a D15 is like well....... modding a D15. (couldn't think of anything as stupid to compare it to. Oh here we go, modding a D15 is like having a hot sister, you really wanna mess around with it, but it's just not worth it. (that one wasn't too good either) Point is why would you mod your D15 to knock a tenth off your already high 16 qm. This is twice as dumb an idea since you are planning on swapping motors anyway.

haha, "I think modding a d15 is like well.......modding a d15."

that was perfect

Well the thing is, I am not going to be able to swap the motor anytime soon ... I don't know about the header, but I want a high flow cat. That could stay on the car regardless the motor is swapped or not. But I have some other things I have to be paying for, like college, which unfortunately is more important. I want a B16, no doubt, but I have rust on the car I want to get rid of, and figure I am going to paint it then. And you'd be surprised how quick the little d15 is now that I have done some little things. It isn't fast at all, but I have ran some civic si's with b16, and didn't really lose until the end of third gear. :laugh:

No offense but I call bullcrap that your d15 kept up with a b16 si until 3rd. My car hauls ass once I hit vtec and I would hand you your ass in by the end of first. Friend of mine had an 99 SI and would have been the same deal. I'm not sure if the suspension stuff from your car would fit, but you should put your car back to stock, sell it, buy mine and put all your suspension stuff on mine and call it a day.

It will fit ... and I'm not saying I was winning, if you read what I wrote, it said I didn't really lose until 3rd .. that means he started kicking my ass in 3rd >_<

Yes and if you read my post I said I call bullcrap. My B16 and my friends SI would spank you by the end of first (not third) and by the time you got to the end of third I'd already be at your mothers house.

solless is gettin ripped a new one today

when i had my b16 sol, before turbo, i raced an ls hatch. he stayed with me until i hit third. i couldnt imagine the poor ol d15 doing that. i just dont think its possible.

I agree. I would say the B16 he "raced" was just driving normal and around 3rd gear realized that the poor D15 was racing and actually gave it some gas. Seriously though, if you can keep up with a B16 until 3rd why would you ever consider swapping that motor? You could throw a low boost turbo on it and outrun S2000's. And for the record, I doubt a boosted D15 would be faster than a B16 with bolt ons and if so, not by much.

yeah i have a d15 in mine so i feel the pain. i still love my car tho. it handles great and 1st and second gear are fun....and then i drove my uncles 350 Z from jersey to vermont, and then to school the next day. wow is all i have to say. all six gears keep you pinned in your seat. and of course i told everyone at school it was mine...it was a good day. then i drove my sol home, and well thers no comparison between a 350 Z and a d15. but i do get like 30 miles to the gallon so thats good.

im pretty sure its puttin out 287hp which is pretty good for a 2 seater, especially compared to a d15. my brother and i just convinced him to put a turbo on it, we just gotta find a nice setup for it

Archived