crx swap

ok, im tired of my b16 in my rex....i was going to build it up and stuff but no...im just going to go all out and either get type r or a k20. I want a k20 but i dont know how much trouble i will have putting that in a crx and i know that will be a little too expensive....does anyone have any idea how much it would be? for the k20 or type r....i know how much the engines are but i dont know about the whole swap and everything i need. .... a little help would be nice. thanks.

Yeah, to say that the limit of a B16 comes far before a K20 isn't really true. There's 500whp daily driven B16's out there and I've seen a 600+whp sol running a B16. If you do a K20 do it to be different not just to build more horsepower, cause you can build plenty with the B series and save some money. And if you put the $8,000 from the K swap into the B instead, well I think we all know how much you could do for 8k.

yea, i could mess with the b16 and get it fast but i want a k20 cause noone where i live has it in a crx and it would be fast when its stock....and when i get more money, i could easily make it faster.....but the main reason is cause its different and awesome!! i just want to know how hard it would be, like all the wiring and the clutch i dont really understand.

yea, i never said i could build an all engine car and turbo it later.....i just want a k20 to be a little different than everyone with the b series in civics and stuff........a k20 in my crx would be just fine for a while, i think it would be fast enough for me for a while. I just want to know all the work i have to do, like the hydro clutch and the wiring stuff, i dont understand that, does anyone here know that stuff? or a website that does say this stuff, thanks.

you didn't say it, i did.

and ssr, when im talking about good pwoer im not talking about 300whp N/A ... im talking about just something strong and durable, that will eventually be accompanied with a turbo, which then can make good power.

i know of course normal bolt ons will def. help out some, and i understand about the internals of the block, but when running very low psi for daily driving, is it worth it to do internals right away ... how fast will something inside the block go wrong ... (spun rods, or something of that nature)

And I believe what SSR is getting at is that if you set up the parts that you would need to get good n/a power you would want to set it up with parts that would help the turbo when you put it on. For example you'd want lower CR pistons and different cams for turbo, but if you put the lower cr and turbo-cams on a n/a not only would you not gain power, you'd lose power. If your going to set up for n/a you'd want higher cr and different cam grinds. Add a turbo to high CR and n/a cams with any decent boost ...... BOOM.

A K20 isn't different, tons of people have them. Who gives a crap about being different, it's a f*cking Honda.

The K20 uses a cable clutch, not hydro.

There is a ton of fab work to put a K into a CRX. I'm not even sure if there is a mount kit.

For the N/A setup.

You can turbo a high compression and big cam engine. How do you think the drag guys make 1,000+whp? But not smart for a daily driven engine.

Thats not the problem though, clearances are the problem. What is good for N/A isn't good for turbo.

Archived