Amber Corners pics

Well, I just got done painting and installing my corners amber. I'll have to sand and clear them this weekend, but I think it turned out pretty nice so far. Sorry about the crappy pics, cars filthy and in the garage.

IM000691small.jpg

IM000696small.jpg

Here is just a few pictures I took of my car.

1826007_16_full.jpg

1826007_17_full.jpg

1826007_18_full.jpg

1826007_19_full.jpg

1826007_20_full.jpg

That will be harder for you to do yours since they are 1 piece headlight/corners. Ours are two peice so it's easy to do. Just be careful not to mess up your nice 1 piece's and tape them off well. Oh, and I used orange stained glass paint from krylon. I had to get it off ebay, cause none of the hobby shops around here had it. And just some advice, only use Krylon clear with krylon paints.

I'm going to assume you used the Krylon Stained Glass paint? If so, where'd you find it at? I've checked Wal-Mart, Kmart, AC Moore (Craft Store), Rag Shop (Craft Store), Home Depot, Lowes, etc and can't find it. I still have to check a paint shop around here (was closed when we conducted the official search on Saturday), I would imagine they'd have it, but need a back-up source.

For the bumper lenses, you could probably spray a coat or two on the oem's and have it either match or come closer. I have both sets right now (clear and oem), and figured that if the oem were only a shade off or so, I wouldn't bother spraying either sets. Your pics make it seem like quite a difference (IMO).

Yeah, I think it looks quite a bit different too, but I like the corner's look better. I couldn't find it anywhere in my town and ended up buying it off ebay for like 5.00 shipped. Oh, and yes it is krylon stained glass paint in orange. I used 4 coats, but the 4th coat got it a little darker than I wanted, so I'd reccomend 3 coats. I think I'll give that a try with my oem sidemarkers. It bothers me that they don't match.

Yeah, I think it looks quite a bit different too, but I like the corner's look better. I couldn't find it anywhere in my town and ended up buying it off ebay for like 5.00 shipped. Oh, and yes it is krylon stained glass paint in orange. I used 4 coats, but the 4th coat got it a little darker than I wanted, so I'd reccomend 3 coats. I think I'll give that a try with my oem sidemarkers. It bothers me that they don't match.

Yeah, if it were only a shade or two different, not too noticeable unless you're really looking, then I wouldn't bother. But, to me, it shows too much of a difference.

I'll check ebay again for the paint. What was the seller name? Thanks!

I'm going to take a look for the Krylon still, and in the meantime see if I can find some Crown Glass Coating... said to not fade as the Krylon Stained glass does... we'll see what I find first.

Okay here's an update. When using Krylon Stained Glass Paint.......DO NOT CLEARCOAT. I popped one out to clearcoat it last night. I sanded it, and sprayed one coat of clear and when I came back to put a second coat on the clearcoat reacted with the paint and spiderwebbed the entire corner lamp. I knew that a regular automotive clearcoat would do this, but I went and bought Krylon clearcoat and it still did it. (wasn't suppossed to from what I've heard). I spent 2 hours last night sanding the corner light and re-spraying a coat to get it to look good again, but now the one I redid is darker than the other one......so I don't know what I'm going to do now, I like the lighter one better, but it would be way to much work to sand the other corner all the way back to clear, so I'll probably have to spray another coat on the lighter one to bring it darker to match.

Nah, I'll figure something out. I refuse to pay more than $5.00 to make my corners amber. It seems like the first time I did them they lightened up a little after a day so maybe the darker one will do that a little. We'll see.

Oh and CRG - how do you take out the sidemarkers? It looks like you have to take off the bumper but that's a lot of work for such a little light.

There is one clip really that holds the bumper reflectors in place. If you can reach your hand through the wheel well and into the vicinity of the lens, you'll be able to get it out easily. Just snap it out and move on to the next. They go in just as easy. You may be able to remove it from the front as well, but to avoid getting any nicks in the front, I'd recommend going through the back.

Archived