Sorry Guys...

crx88t

97 neon with an R/T

swap

the R/T has the same engine. the RT package is just wheels, a spoiler, and i think stiffer struts. you need a SRT-4 swap :o intercooled turbocharged DOHC 2.4l. 225hp and 285ft'lbs torque. and there are factory upgrades. stage I, stage II and stage III (stage III isnt street legal and forfeits the engine/drivetrain warranty). those cars are f*cking beasts.

good luck with your neon. i had a 96 neon back in 96. it lasted a few months before a deer came along and killed it. but it was a fun car to drive.

it has happened. i got rid of my crx. i have crossed over... to the domestic side.sorry. got a good deal though. traded my crx for a 97 neon with an R/T

swap 18k miles ac POWER STEERING its allright...

sorry again... im ashamed of myself

omfg dude ur dumb. a crx is 100 times better than a neon r/t. they suck. to many dorks around here have them and they have coffee can mufflers and and 5 foot wings

eh, i hate neons... but your choice, hehe. just hope it holds up for you. everyone i've ever know that has had a neon has had tons of problems with them. good luck.

my GF has one and it is absolute crap. she has dumped so much money into it already because it is always breaking down. It is a 97 and just this week all the paint on the roof of the car just started peeling off like nothing else. half the roof is now grey.

Sorry, but a Neon is a very poor investment. The car is not even worth what she still has to pay on it. If we sold it, we would lose money at this point. All we could do is give it away and have somebody take over payments. It's only a 97. I own a 93 Accord and have had it for over 2 years now. It's completely paid off and never once have I taken it in to the shop. I have never even given it a tune up. Just oil changes. I could probably still get 6K for it too.

If you must buy a neon, then at least get the SRT-4 so you can at least be somewhat fast.

p.s.

my GF's mom gave the car to her to take over payments, so it wasn't either of our choices to buy this car.... Now I can't figure out a way to get rid of it without losing too much money. I think we will have another Honda in the family next year :wub:

at least get the SRT-4 so you can at least be somewhat fast.

if you consider high 13's in stock form somewhat fast (automatic does 13.9-14.0 stock) :o

i agree that the first generation (94-99) neons were plagued with problems (almost as bad as the ford focus today). but the newer neons are built better and dont have the problems of the old ones (cam tensioner, automatic trans failure, head gasket, etc...). and the SRT-4 is the quickest production vehicle available for under $25K (starts at $19K).

if you consider high 13's in stock form somewhat fast (automatic does 13.9-14.0 stock) :o

i agree that the first generation (94-99) neons were plagued with problems (almost as bad as the ford focus today). but the newer neons are built better and dont have the problems of the old ones (cam tensioner, automatic trans failure, head gasket, etc...). and the SRT-4 is the quickest production vehicle available for under $25K (starts at $19K).

hehehe i got yall beat my truck with just teh 350 tpi motor in it does 13's all day. and i dont take anything out. my subs and other speakers and seats and tires are in there but i do use slicks so.

hehehe i got yall beat my truck with just teh 350 tpi motor in it does 13's all day. and i dont take anything out. my subs and other speakers and seats and tires are in there but i do use slicks so.

yeah, but you dropped in a new engine and did a lot of work to this. i said the neon does 13's stock. there are factory upgreades available. i cant even imagine what a stage III will do. and then you can modify it even more. add a boost controller and you might be looking at low 10s.

my GF has one and it is absolute crap. she has dumped so much money into it already because it is always breaking down. It is a 97 and just this week all the paint on the roof of the car just started peeling off like nothing else. half the roof is now grey.

Sorry, but a Neon is a very poor investment. The car is not even worth what she still has to pay on it. If we sold it, we would lose money at this point. All we could do is give it away and have somebody take over payments. It's only a 97. I own a 93 Accord and have had it for over 2 years now. It's completely paid off and never once have I taken it in to the shop. I have never even given it a tune up. Just oil changes. I could probably still get 6K for it too.

If you must buy a neon, then at least get the SRT-4 so you can at least be somewhat fast.

p.s.

my GF's mom gave the car to her to take over payments, so it wasn't either of our choices to buy this car.... Now I can't figure out a way to get rid of it without losing too much money. I think we will have another Honda in the family next year :wub:

yup, once they're driven off the lot, they're worth none of what you paid for it.

97 neon with an R/T

swap

the R/T has the same engine. the RT package is just wheels, a spoiler, and i think stiffer struts. you need a SRT-4 swap :o intercooled turbocharged DOHC 2.4l. 225hp and 285ft'lbs torque. and there are factory upgrades. stage I, stage II and stage III (stage III isnt street legal and forfeits the engine/drivetrain warranty). those cars are f*cking beasts.

good luck with your neon. i had a 96 neon back in 96. it lasted a few months before a deer came along and killed it. but it was a fun car to drive.

nah bro, base modl comes with a 2.0 single cam, rt is 2.0 dual...

dont tell me 1800 dollars aint worth it???like home boy said he can sell his for 6 grand ill sell mine for 5... make some quick cash, and go back to the

hondas ( wich i have never seen a guy put a doble stacked 3' wing on them) but i still love em. ILL BE BACK! (thats funny my name is Arnold)

no im not white im puerto rican.... no offense i just hate my name

i don't like neons at all, hate em. i know a couple of people with them and neons have nothing on a honda. so now, i can legally say i can smoke your ass!! :D

its allright 4 a family car, i whooped a single cam vtec crx, and an si prelude. just las night i beat 2 hackbacks....bad. at least te prelude and the crx gave me a battle but it was dumb of my part wasting my gas on the hatch's.sorry but stock hondas with exhaust and intake aint nothing my moms mini van/ my neon cant handle :laugh:. ill get an integra next time or another crx. rice love! :heart:

base modl comes with a 2.0 single cam, rt is 2.0 dual...

yes, but that is the same DOHC 2.0 available in neons since 1995. in 94 you could only get the 132 hp SOHC 2.0. in 95 the introduced the optional 150 hp DOHC 2.0. that was the same engine i had in my 96. like i said, the R/T package is just an appearance package. it even says that in road & track.

yes, but that is the same DOHC 2.0 available in neons since 1995. in 94 you could only get the 132 hp SOHC 2.0. in 95 the introduced the optional 150 hp DOHC 2.0. that was the same engine i had in my 96. like i said, the R/T package is just an appearance package. it even says that in road & track.

what i was triyng to say its that it came from an R\T...

who cares, its just a stupid american car anyways... i wouldnt mind getting

me one of the new ones though w00t

• 4 weeks later...

Geez, you guys are gettin all worked up about nothing here. How about you just get off of his back and let him drive what he wants to drive. I don't think you need to go and tell him how ugly neons are and how stupid he is for getting one. I'm sure half of your boyfriends drive them so don't start acting like you're a hater. Let me ask one question before I leave, if Donald Rumsfeld tooled around in a neon, would you be a little more scared when you saw one on TV? Or would you think twice about driving American cars on narrow Japanese roads? Either way, you'll soon realize that it's just not worth it, and it's really sad in actuality.

Archived