RPM

DRdelsol

I tuned my del sol to a stable rpm of a 1000 but when i turn my a/c on it drops sometimes it turns the car of when i stop, i think it´s the a/c compressor, cause when i turn the a/c button off the rpm go back up, although it works fine other wise

WHAT DO U THINK?

Should be the other way around. When you kick on your compressor it should jump a couple of hundered rpm's to compensate for the compressor kicking on. That's how it is on all the cars I've owned. Mine idles at about 650 rpms fully warm and about 1000 when the a/c is on.

Should be the other way around. When you kick on your compressor it should jump a couple of hundered rpm's to compensate for the compressor kicking on. That's how it is on all the cars I've owned. Mine idles at about 650 rpms fully warm and about 1000 when the a/c is on.

Definitely should be the other way around, i said i had to take it up to a 1000 rpm so it wouldn´t drop to 0, i was wondering what´s causing the problem

check your battery connection. my sisters crappy ford did that so we changed the battery and battery cables and it stoped doing it. just something to check that you may have missed. does your car die when going down the road everonce in a while? like when you run the a/c or the lights?

you have a jdm b16 so that was swapped, what was in the del sol before that? all sols come with a/c. whoever had it before you obviously took it out. yours is a 94, and you dont have power steering, so im pretty sure thats the s model cuz i think the si's had p/s. if you want actually i have the ac crap from my old del sol in my shed that ill sell to you. thanks for reminding me :laugh:

you have a jdm b16 so that was swapped, what was in the del sol before that? all sols come with a/c. whoever had it before you obviously took it out. yours is a 94, and you dont have power steering, so im pretty sure thats the s model cuz i think the si's had p/s. if you want actually i have the ac crap from my old del sol in my shed that ill sell to you. thanks for reminding me 

It was a 94 VTEC. Blew up the motor. Swapped to 94 jdm b16a, power steering pulley doesn't line up with jdm underpulley because it was a v belt. So I bought an aluminum underpulley with ribbed belts then, tad ah! For sure it’s a VTEC because it has 4 wheel disc brakes. I have p/s now after the pulley swap...

xxscaxx,

I'm ok with the a/c because soon i'm gonna move to Washington state, and all I'll need is ma heater.

thanks n e ways! 8)

not all sol's came with a/c ... and it was common for some of the Si models not to have it ... i know plenty of people who don't have it, and it wasn't take out because the button is not even there in the car .... and i know it is the Si because of the 4 wheel discs and the D16Z6 SOHC motor .... it happens

Archived