How many?

blackdelsol

I have always wondered how many del sols were sold in the U.S.

1993 - 25,748

1994 - 21,075

1995 - 14,021

1996 - 8,489

1997 - 5,603

Total - 74,936

I still can't find numbers according to any specific model, but its a start.

Yeah, equally interesting is which colors were available for which models and years. This kind of helps me. If I see a del sol that is not red, black or dark green, I know it isn't a Vtec model. Kind of sucks though, my favorite of the colors is only available in the base models.

Courtesy of www.teamdelsol.com

allcolors032500.jpg

i have to agree with black ... but i have the blue so i have to "represent" .. haha anyway ... i wanted to keep ti blue because its not everyday around here you see a "hooked-up" del sol, and when you do, its red or black .. so i wanted to be a bit different .. and for the price i couldn't refuse

damn 7000 for it .. i stole mine ... not literally but i gota great deal .. the sol was dirty and looked to be in bad shape but ran bveautifully and only had 80000 miles on it .. it was a 93 so i thought it was a good idea ... i bought it back ni november and paid 2000 for it plus tags,title, and processing, but just needed cleaning ... now with the money i saved buying that one, i can sawp out my S engine 8)

Yeah, the Vtec Models are what are expensive. Mine still retails (nada) at 7200.00. My situation was a little wierd though. My dad had the del sol and had had a ricer's dream celica conv. I traded him straight accross and then he sold the celica for 5000.00 to the guy who did my body work, so I guess technically I got the del sol for 5000, but I still owed about 6800.00 on the celica so, not sure what I technically got the del sol for. Either way, it's a lot better than the celica I had, so I'm happy.

sweet ... im hoping your going JDM-ish on the car ... no wings/body kits or things like that correct ? ..

No, I'm not planning to do any body mods at all. I like the looks of the stock del sol, although I might do a front lip. I don't want to drop $2000.00 to have the car repainted, plus I will only have the car for a couple more years, so I don't want to throw a ton of money into it. I'll be needing a 4 door in a couple of years, so I'm saving most of my money toward fixing that car up.

I'd rather not say, cause I'm a dumbass. Seriously, it's a Tsudo P.O.S. My stock exhaust rusted out and pieces were falling off (like the muffler/axle back section). It was a tight month money wise so I didn't want to spend a lot of money, but I also didn't want to replace it with stock, so I found this catback for a good price. I figure 2.5" manderel bent piping with a straight through muffler can't be all bad. It sounds very crappy, but I'm not sure if that's because of the catback or the combo of catback and high flow cat. Either way, I reccomend people to save and buy the good stuff the first time.

there's a crapload of tsudo's on ebay. I just got hooked up w/ a skunk 2, and I don't think I could have found a better sounding one... $415, dynoed at 6 hp, its worth it IMO. I have My stock catback and I will sell you it for really cheap if you're interested.

tanabe super medalion hyper spec exhaust is the way to go, quiet until WOT, then it screams ... it is a good engine sound, not a muffler sound ... like it sounds like the car is making the noise, not just a canister ... no rattling at all ... stainless steel ... also about 6-7 whp

yes sir, their coilovers are good as well ... the pro-sustec coilovers ... i enjoy them as well, i am waiting for the exhast to come in, but the suspesion is done already ... i just need the exhaust to come in , im still waiting ... and starting to get impatient

Skunk 2 is great, I love it. It is more deep than loud. My friend has an s2k w/ HKS exhaust, and its really loud. The skunk 2 comes w/ a silencer too, and it makes it a lot quieter, more than I thought it would, but it robs power.

Archived