600hp Prelude

SBZ

Hey all,remember me?? Well I finally got some of my pics on the net.A friend of mine who owns a CRX put them up for me.

The pics are of the car while it was still being built and don't reflect how it looks now.The front bumper is unsprayed,the car is still its original white colour,and all thats been done is the bumper,engine,nitrous and console gauges.

This was when I was still running it in.

Anyways the link is :

www.rubymicro.com/crx/aubrey

The front bumper is yellow coz it hasn't been sprayed.Its just plain fibreglass.They had to put it on to line up the intercooler.The whole car is now candypearl orange running on 18" chrome rims.All the specs for my car were posted in the newbie section a while back (beginning of October I think).I think it looked pretty crappy in those photos,but hey she was still in progress then.

I'm from South Africa,yeah I know its far away.If you knew how long it took me to get all the parts........

• 1 month later...
Hate to call BS but.......................BS. Show me some dyno sheets on the car or somethin'.

Did you see the pics of the engine and nitrous?

Did you read the specs ?

I haven't got a scanner so I wouldn't be able to show you a dyno report,but whether you thnk it is BS or not......I don't give a Sh1t

Ok, don't get your panties in a wad. Here is what I saw a H22 with a turbo and IC piping with some nitrous. There were no specs for me to look at so for all I know the guy is running 3 PSI and sprayin' a 25 shot. The last guy I knew who turboed a H22 was runnin' about 7 PSI, and when he went to the track he ran a 13.8. Impresive for the Lude but he put in alot of money and a few weeks later the car just went *BOOM* So unless this Lude I am lookin' at spent thousands of dollars to redue the internals and get a whole new tranny and reinforced his font axle to take 600 hp, I'm still callin' BS. I'm not being mean, I'm just in the know about stuff like this. So if you could get me some numbers and some dyno sheets on the car wouldbe great man. Have a nice day. :D

Being from South Africa,if I quote a direct from your currency to mine them I've spent about $15 000 on the engine alone.

Eagle rods,Wiseco pistons etc.The entire engine has been balanced (blueprinted etc.)

Majority of the turbo components are from turbonetics.

ACT clutch and LS diff are all thats been changed as far as the tranny goes,as I was informed that these gearboxes are rated at 720 HP.Hasn't broken yet but it is a concern for me.I have been wanting to get hold of Quaife to find out about sorting a decent box....any referals would be appreciated.

The car runs 0.8 bar (just under 14.7psi) boost on pump fuel.When I use race fuel I push the boost up to 1.5 bar (about 22 psi I think).

Another thing is that here there are no rules limiting emissions on our cars etc.Every car I own has had the cats taken out etc.So I guess maybe that the street cars here don't have to have alot of the restrictions as you do in the states.

Anyways if you want to know what exactly is under the hood I'm sure I listed it all under the newbie section on September 3rd I think.

Although since then I've found out the car is running a T4 turbo (AR 70) but still has the 5 inch intake.

I've spent alot of money on the engine,to make sure the internals are strong enough.....I'll try get the figures onto a PC so you can see but it may take a while,like I said I have no scanner.

I know what happens when you try and get big power with the stock internals on the 'Lude.A guy here put 2 rods through the block on his H22A.This after breaking the ring lands and on his pistons (and me giving him my stock ones) 2 weeks later BANG!Bye Bye engine......everything caught alight under the hood.

Anyways

Alright, now I'm impressed. If you spent the $15,000 you say you've spent it should be dooable. I don't know about the gear box though holding up to the 720 hp number. Check into getting a new one. Well otherwise I am very impressed, it is not everyday you see someone do something right. Some people just think you get CAI and you can go beat Ferrari's. When you get some numbers and some sheets on your computer let me see, I'm interested.....

No problem.......just have a little patience.

But I know what you're saying because today some guy in his 2.0L with cams says he'll run my 'Lude.I've told him put his money where his mouth is and put down 5 grand..........we'll see what happens.It will be the easiest 5 grand I've made.

Anyways give me some time you'll have your proof.....

Yeah, it's funny isn't it? Alot of guys around my area think you put stickers on your car, and a fart pipe your a championship race car driver. It's funny, especially when you walk them so bad you can't see them in the rearview. Yeah good luck tryin' to get the 5 grand outta that chump,it would be nice though......

Got alot of guys like that here too.I try to avoid them though coz I get irritated when they start talking the usual crap......thats why I bring money into the equation. (only when I know I'll win ofcoarse)

um i would say not to bash youy but it looks like it could manage 600hp. cause we dont know what he did to the internals or anything like that. hell he could of bored it .80 and we would never know. also i have seen cars run 24 psi no problem and they are bored .50 over. well i think as i said before the car rocks and keep it coming strong

I know you can't tell from the picture, as I stated earlier all I see is an H22 with a turbo and nitrous. That means jack without knowing the specifics and it would help if I saw some dynos and pictures of the car when it was taken apart with all the work being done. As he states now the cash flow he has running into it and his general knowledge of the motor and parts, I believe him. More power to him and as ZC said keep it comin'........

• 2 months later...

Alright,he put some more pics up of my car as it was in progress.The new pics (148-156 I think) are when the kit had been put on,rims and the Tanabe coilovers.Please remember that the bumpers and the car have not been sprayed yet.It was just put on to make sure that the 18" 235 tires were gonna fit.......and they didn't,we had to roll the arch.

The address is : www.rubymicro.com/crx/aubrey

• 3 weeks later...

The car is running MSD 6al ignition now.If you had paid attention to the threads you would have noted that this was the car while it was still being built up.It was still being run in,and was due to go back to the tuners a little after the pic was taken.At that point in time I couldn't even boost the car,it was just set up rich and I had to drive it like that for 2000kms.

Louis (the guy from the tuning shop) said that for running it in I wouldn't get any spark problems (and I didn't) and would be o.k till I brought it back.

The comp that its running is a Haltech system.

Hope this answers your question.

I don't drive it everyday,I got a Golf VR6 to get me around Monday to Friday.The Prelude is my weekend car and toy.

Believe it or not I don't think it would bad to drive everyday......besides the gas mileage.The Tanabe coilovers ride alot softer than the Eibach springs I got in the VR6,and handle so much better too.And I'm sure most people know that Sparco Torinos are pretty damn cofortable for what they are.

The Honda runs on 97 or 95 octane unleaded pump fuel.For racing its 102.7 race fuel mixed with toluene.

Gas mileage? LOL....its a joke....its got 850cc injectors and it depends on how heavy ur foot is but I promise you it would probably finish a tank before you can finish a can of Pepsi.

My Golf VR6 runs 97 leaded,which is pretty expensive.If you fill a 50 litre tank here it costs about the same as $18-$20.

Unleaded isn't that far off either.

not bad numbers. i believe him. i like tha fact that he said about his car would finsih gas before i could finsih a pepsi. lol his car is kidna like my rex i used to have. nobody believed me around my area that i had a 525 hp dail driven rex. u want specs ill give em and someone call bs on me.

Engine:

ZC DOHC Motor (bored .60 over)

Ported, Polished, Blueprinted, Multi-angle valve job

HKS T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo (running 15 psi)

HKS Piping

HKS Wastegate

HKS Blow-Off Valve

AEM Cai

HKS Turbo Header

JG Edelbrock Throttlebody (bored .30 out)

HKS Cams

HKS Cam Gears

Eagle Pistons

Crower Crank

Crower Valves

Crower Valve Springs

Crower Retainers

Crower Rings

Edelbrock Fuel Pump

Edelbrock Water Pump

Tegra LS ECU

C&R Racing Radiator

Ignition:

MSD 6AL Ignition Box

MSD Plug Wires

MSD Blaster 2 Coil

HKS 750 cc Injectors

Optima Yellow Top Deep Cycle Battery

Suspension:

Ground Control Coilovers

KYB Shocks

Mugen Sway Bars (upper front, lower front, upper rear, lower rear)

Stoppers:

AEM Big Disc Brake Kit

Steel Braded Lines

Tegra Type-R Axles

5-Lug Conversion

Rollers:

16" Spoon SW388 Rims

205/45/16 Kuhmo Ecsta 712 Tires

Spoon Lugs

Interior:

Custom Seats

Custom Interior Paint