600hp Prelude

SBZ

yea i had AEM stand alone fuel management system. got it for cheap. and the reason i dont have the rex anymore is because i needed something that didnt cut me up on the insurance. i was payin like 4250 a year and i didnt liekit. to much. nowi only pay liek 2000 a year. other reason my rates are high is because of so many tickets involving speeding and street racing

crap....the guy thats been working on my car just died last week Sunday while racing at a drag meeting here (not the owner of the tuning shop,the head mechanic Herman.I'm not worried about the car taking longer now,although I'm itching to get it back but he was an awesome guy,so I suppose I'm a little down at the moment.

Its strange coz the week before we were planning to have our VR6's turbo'd together (I just bought a T4 for mine)......crap I can't believe it!

At least he died doing what he loved,he built that car and it was the first time testing it at the track.Man.....I feel sorry for his wife.She's pregnant too which isn't nice....or maybe its good coz he gets to live on through his kid.....I don't know,its very crap!

• 2 weeks later...

how many 850cc injectors do u have on the lude

and what compression are your pistons

do you have the nos on threw out the whole run or after 5th gear ?

how much gas milage or km per hour do you get?

do you mix nitro methane with your nos as a aditive?

Its running 4 850cc injectors,as far as compression goes I'n not exactly sure because I didn't order them or put them in......I'll ask the tuning shop about that.

As far as the nitrous goes I can use it anytime,but it tends to spin alot anywhere under 4th gear,and if you want it to it will in 4th.

The car at the moment on its current gearing has a top speed of 286KM/H.

I mix toluene with the fuel to push the octane rating up,when boosting over a bar.(14.7psi)

But there is some sad news at the moment........I need a new block,and my forged pistons are fukked. :(

The best quote I've had so far for a new block is $1600 + around $500 for shipping.This is going to burn my pocket BAD!!!

I'm still waiting for an email from JG.

If anyone can offer any help right now please let me know........the pistons I can get fine,its the block I'm worrying about.

Thats right,but it gets there in a kilometre.I am intending to change the final drive ratio but now I have a very big new problem

• 1 month later...

O.k,after fighting with the tuner about my car I've taken it elsewhere.

The head is being shipped to Endyne for :

Stainless racing valves

Titanium retainers

Revkit valve spring set

Crower turbo cams

Five angle valve job,flowing etc

The new tuner also ordered some Endyne Roller Wave forged pistons (my Wiseco's were fried),Clutch Masters stage 4 kit,Aluminum Flywheel.

He's also fixing alot of their screwups.

The current engine management is being changed to a Motec M4 Pro,so hopefully in about 4 weeks my baby will be running strong again.

To all that are interested,the tuner that is rebuilding my motor is documenting it on their website at : www.docstech.co.za

Just go to the Projects section under H22 Prelude.

• 6 months later...

let's say i have a setup that has a h22 vtec motor bored from 87mm to 89mm and the stroke has been increased from 90.7mm to 97.7mm, this has custom pistons keep in mind, just for you people who know your motors and know that it wouldn't work w/out custom pistons, i also have titanium rods and crower valvetrain, let's say the pistons are 12:1 ratio, this is an all motor engine, if i wanted to throw a turbo on there, I would first change the compression on the piston to 10:1 or even 9:1 , would i need to change anything else besides the compression ratio on the piston in this situation,besides the high lift cams, also does anybody know or heard of someone stroking it even further thatn 97.7, if not and you want to read up on this n/a project, this is not mine, but i want to do the same setup, so i am getting all the information i need to prepare myself. anyway, if anybody has any comments or answers please reply.

here's the link

http://www.collectiveracing.net/cgi-bin/CR...t=ST;f=24;t=882

Archived