tint! finally

Trepid

mirrored tint looks hot on a silver car.

:stupid:

its also illegal in some states..

we weren't talking about the legality of the window tint. from his post it sounds like he was considering it. anyway, sure it's illegal in some states. it's also illegal in some states to have any tint at all besides the factory tint.

hey man i used to have on my old rex darker than limo tint and i got pulled over for it and it was funny because i had to go to court and i had them change my tint from dark to mirror and then they gave me a bigger fine and said i had to go wit factory it was screwy.

i am tinting mine soon too...gonna have it done professionally in FL. its realyl cheap down there and its kinda needed. acts like shade, and AC seems to work better with it b/c of less greenhouse aft.

yeah, i think it is needed in the south. when i was in the air force, i was at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX. every car i saw had tint. most of them had really dark tint where you couldnt see in any windows.

• 1 month later...
dude mine was like 35 % is was mad you couldnt see at all into my car

He meant that his tint was only blocking 5% of the light. Yours only lets through 35%.

Mine lets through 16% on my teg... :crazy:

If you don't want to get hassled (although it's rare that you get pulled over JUST for tint...), check your local laws. In New York, you're supposed to have 70% light passing through...

my bro got pulled over for not having a tag on his camaro about 2 years ago. the tag was in the rear window and you couldn't see it cause the tint was dark and it was at night. it was one of those temp. paper tags you get when you first get your car from a dealership...anyway, he got outta the ticket cause he had just bought the car and the cop said "he would be fair game if he ever pulls him over again." my bro wrecked that camaro a couple months later. never got pulled over for his tint and tint alone though. i think in fla its a secondary violation. meaning a cop cant just pull you over for it. he has to pull you over for a primary violation (ie: speeding, wreckless driving, doing a drive-by on the homies round da block, etc.) and then he can give you a ticket for having your tint to dark. po po's suck.

anyways (crg7 :wub: )

• 2 weeks later...
Guest that1chrisguy

and you know, if your racing some freaking toyota, their gonna pull you over because you've got good taste, and they love their truck too much to ever by their own Honda.

stuck up-jealous bastards

• 1 month later...
what percent of tint can i get for a 95 honda accord??

You can put as much as your pocketbook can take, up to 100% mirror finish. However, the cops will not be pleased. I am not sure, but I think it varies from state to state on what % of tint you can have. Ohio's is 85% (15% viewing capability from the outside)

It's the same as a limit to how low your car can drop on normal driving conditions, strobes, and other various "road distractors".

By the way, if any cops are reading these boards, I can give you a list a 100 things you can be doing to benefit society other than pulling over fully capable drivers going 70 in a 55. This includes planting flowers for the elderly and organizing my sock drawer. :mad::p Sorry for the OT :)

Er, ahem.. yeah.

You can put as much as your pocketbook can take, up to 100% mirror finish. However, the cops will not be pleased. I am not sure, but I think it varies from state to state on what % of tint you can have. Ohio's is 85% (15% viewing capability from the outside)

It's the same as a limit to how low your car can drop on normal driving conditions, strobes, and other various "road distractors".

By the way, if any cops are reading these boards, I can give you a list a 100 things you can be doing to benefit society other than pulling over fully capable drivers going 70 in a 55. This includes planting flowers for the elderly and organizing my sock drawer. :mad::p Sorry for the OT :)

Er, ahem.. yeah.

well in cali the way it works(and I think this applies in most states) that if you have both side view mirros you can tint as much as you want on the back windows but the driver, passenger and windshield cannot be tinted at all... smoked windows is legal but the cops know how to tell the difference on that...

btw I love the rockman exe avatar :D I got more stuff like that if you want

i don't know exactly what tint is legal here. i think its 75% (25% viewing) but don't quote me on that.

also, strobes are legal here, but blue and red lights aren't. go figure, you'd think that the strobes would be illegal also but they're not. thing is a cop can pull you over if your driving fast with them on for "impersonationg a police officer" aka "ak'in like a popo". a lot of construction workers have them on they're trucks around here...

I think it would be interesting to have a spreadsheet or something showing legal and illegal modifications to vehicles in each state so I don't get pulled over for impersonation of a cop or making poor kids go into epileptic seizures with a strobe light in a "No strobe light zone". I know Cali has so many restraints it's almost not worth even driving around.

Oh yeah, there's also a stupid "E-Check" that only exists in 12 counties in the state of Ohio. Guess which one of the counties I live in. :mad::mad::mad:

To stay on topic, for comparison, Limo's have anywhere between 10% vis to mirror finish and only government (city, state and national) and special licensed vehicles can go that deep and the cops won't bother to look. After a certain % it's too hard to look through anyway so after a while it becomes moot. 8)

At least around here it's such.

Er, ahem.. yeah.

I'm pretty sure I already posted it in this thread, but in New York State you have to have 70% visibility with tint on the two front windows. All three rear windows can be up to 0% visibility, I believe.

Anyway, as far as the legality of lowered cars... I believe that is a safety issue, not a distraction issue. Strobe lights are a distraction issue, but also considered impersonating a police officer. A friend told me about people using strobes to impersonate officers to females, "pulling them over" and raping them. bleh

Archived