Sapphyre

1940's Themed Halloween Costumes  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What should I go as?

• Pin- Up Girl
    • Burlesque Dancer
    • Factory Worker
    • 1940's Housewife

i cant decide what to go as for halloween. Chris (my fiancee) is going as a WW2 bomber pilot so my options are: (links are photos to the idea)

1. pin-up girl- black with red cherry design, short skirted one piece swimsuit

2. burlesque dancer- black sequin boyshorts, fishnet stockings, black satin corset & probably a black or leopard print satin robe, leopard peep-toe heels

3. Factory worker- peddlepushers/rolled up to the calf jeans, button down short sleeve shirt with sleeves rolled up or halterneck top, black peep-toe heels, & a bandana over my hair

3. 1940's housewife- halter neck swing dress, stockings, black peep-toe heels & pearls.

this amuses me.. i posted this here and on another forum thats mostly girls. all the girls have said the housewife, and ya'll are saying the pin-up... complete opposites of each other. i'll end up doing which ever gets the most votes.

I would have voted for the burlesque dance but I don't really like the corset....

im not keen on the way it's cut- its not the one i wanted, but it was all i could afford at the time of that photoshoot.

i wish it looked more like this (but in black satin, not flowers! i may still get it in silver glitter though)

Hope_V1904u.jpg

or alternatively, i could wear a black satin underbust/waist cincher with a black satin bra or if i felt like being really flashy- a rhinestone one.

v1891u-2.jpg

05899.jpg

if i do go with burlesque, i'll probably ditch the robe, attach garters to the corset & wear elbow length gloves with a feather boa and lots of rhinestones (necklace, earrings, bracelet, ring)

im not keen on the way it's cut- its not the one i wanted, but it was all i could afford at the time of that photoshoot.

i wish it looked more like this (but in black satin, not flowers! i may still get it in silver glitter though)

Hope_V1904u.jpg

If it looked like that then hell yes go with that costume....that's freakin hot

Think about what is painted on the nose of WW2 bombers.... Pin up girls, not house wives. So I don't think that would go best.

Housewife or factory worker would work best as his significant other.

don't know about you guys, but last I checked the stereotype pilots from ww2 were all 'macho' young guys with a different woman at every port. housewife wouldn't fit the profile. a factory worker fits the theme, but a housewife wouldn't.

don't know about you guys, but last I checked the stereotype pilots from ww2 were all 'macho' young guys with a different woman at every port. housewife wouldn't fit the profile. a factory worker fits the theme, but a housewife wouldn't.

Haha, one of the reasons I put housewife in quotes... it's versatile and if she wanted to claim to be a housewife, then so be it, otherwise it fits just as well as a girl going out "dancing" (actually fitting the latter moreso than the former, sans the pearls). The factory worker would be the ideal pick as the wife, IMO.

the only reason im shying away from the factory worker and the housewife is because they're pretty regular looks for me anyway- not quite to the same extent as i'd do for halloween, but the housewife dress is what i call "old faithful" i wear it everywhere that i need to be kinda dressed up for (ie. dressy dinner situations, cocktail parties, burlesque shows, our first date etc.) and the factory worker is pretty close to my everyday wear- jeans, tank top/haltertop/rolled up sleeves button down/tight plain teeshirt, & heels.

00038633.jpg

wearing "old faithful" at a wedding in june

00033743.jpg

my everyday look.

the only reason im shying away from the factory worker and the housewife is because they're pretty regular looks for me anyway- not quite to the same extent as i'd do for halloween, but the housewife dress is what i call "old faithful" i wear it everywhere that i need to be kinda dressed up for (ie. dressy dinner situations, cocktail parties, burlesque shows, our first date etc.) and the factory worker is pretty close to my everyday wear- jeans, tank top/haltertop/rolled up sleeves button down/tight plain teeshirt, & heels.

At least you know you'd be comfortable, LOL.

I'd rock the "housewife" dress in the first post on a "regular" basis.

• 1 month later...

as promised, here's a few photos from last night. I ended up going as a burlesque dancer. i didn't get any full length ones taken except by the photographer at the club, so when it finally gets up online, i'll post that too.

Imported-Photos-00007.jpg

me & my fiancee, chris.

Imported-Photos-00006.jpg

Imported-Photos-00026.jpg

me & Andy- that guy's like my older brother & the DJ at the club.

Archived