READ THIS FIRST!!!

CRG7

General forum rules apply to this forum, please keep those in mind before posting and/or replying.

ALSO

This forum has gotten out of hand with rice accusations. ABSOLUTELY no more of it will be tolerated from this point on. People come to this forum seeking help, just as in any other forum on this board. Please do them, and the readers of this forum, a favor and DO NOT post a response that in no way answers the person's question.

ANY post mentioning rice will either be deleted or edited. All these posts due is manage to provoke more posts of the same nature, thus turning the entire thread into a what is rice/what isn't rice war. As this has happened to most every thread in this forum, it is time for an end to it.

Thank you!

CRG7

And the downfall of hf.com begins.

You do realize you are the reason the policy has been enforced. Things can only get better now, people don't have to worry about being berated for asking questions.

Thanks, CRG.

i really don't see how NOT calling peoples stuff rice, NOT telling people not to buy certain size or type wheels and calling it ricey, etc is going to cause the downfall of hf.com.

now that people aren't worried about being called a ricer they might actually start posting more.

i really don't see how NOT calling peoples stuff rice, NOT telling people not to buy certain size or type wheels and calling it ricey, etc is going to cause the downfall of hf.com.

now that people aren't worried about being called a ricer they might actually start posting more.

It is the downfall cause ricers will start coming here.

Look at h-t, the only ricers there are in the appearence forum. No one there puts up with them.

i don't look at h-t, the reason is simple. all the people here are nice and informative. what more do you need? 16000 more members or whatever you said it was? thats too many damn people, i couldn't keep up with that many posts per day whereas here i can look at the entire forum in about an hour or so on a busy day.

not calling people ricers isn't going to bring more ricers here. its going to make the atmosphere a lot friendlier, bringing more members and regular posters here. and if a few ricers get thrown in the mix who cares? thats what makes the world go around!

Well, I always thought an online community was there to help out others and share with others the joy of fixing up their cars. It's all personal style, and yah some may have issues with the way people do up their cars. Everyone's a critic, and if you can't at least find it in yourself to help out others when they need it, even though you despise the way their car looks, then personally, you do not belong in this community. Besides, forums find their balance and some hold more go than show while others more show than go. I think Honda Forums is a good balance between. That's why I choose to stay, because you become narrow minded just thinking one way.

not calling people ricers isn't going to bring more ricers here. its going to make the atmosphere a lot friendlier, bringing more members and regular posters here. and if a few ricers get thrown in the mix who cares? thats what makes the world go around!

Exactly.

As it stands, there is no solid definition of "rice". Everyone has his/her own opinion. Believe me, I don't agree with every appearance mod that people do to their cars, but yet, do you see me shooting down everything anyone mentions in this forum as "rice". If I don't agree with it, sure, I'll tell them, but help them at the same time. If it isn't your car, don't be so concerned about it.

There is absolutely no reason that anyone posting in this forum should immediately be dubbed a "ricer", and be disrespected so much as to have their thread turn into a war about what is and what isn't rice. It is an exterior/interior forum... so basically, if someone thinks every exterior or interior mod is rice... please don't enter this forum. It really isn't asking much to show respect to people inquiring about something.

Also, this main rule hasn't been enforced due to anyone in specific. A lot of members on this board -- I'm sure I've probably done it on occasion as well -- have visited this forum and called something rice. It's just now being dealt with.

If you feel that you can't restrain yourself enough to follow that main rule, please do this forum a favor and do not visit it. There are plenty of other forums on the board where you may post.

Thank you!

CRG7

this doesn't really have to do anything with this thread but i thought i'd share something i saw today. i was coming home from the post office, which i will make a thread about, and saw the ricest of the rice integra. well anyway, this car had chrome trimmings on the side doors, on his fenders, trunk lid, big a*s dragon decal on his door extended to the back, oem orange bumper lense, altezza tails, not dropped, stock hub caps (dirty hubs might i add), full catback exhaust, and dark dark dark tint. check this out though, the guys car was turbo charged!!! i was thinking if he made it look ghetto/rice on purpose to fool his opponents. its a good trick though! you could hardly see his big chrome intercooler b/c it was behind this ghetto mesh. the kind you see in house windows to keep bugs out?? it was awsome!! okay im done now..

moral of this thread: dont judge a book by its cover (in this case..."rice") :)

PROLFILE knows where I'm coming from....

Function over fashion.

ill never back you in anything lol sorry just speaking freely lol

but anyway the Apperance section on honda-tech is basicly where they move all the random posts that people post of thier car when the mods dont want those posts clogging up the other car realated sections, its a TECH board not a photogallery

PROLFILE knows where I'm coming from....

Function over fashion.

ill never back you in anything lol sorry just speaking freely lol

but anyway the Apperance section on honda-tech is basicly where they move all the random posts that people post of thier car when the mods dont want those posts clogging up the other car realated sections, its a TECH board not a photogallery

I didn't say Profile, I said prolfile. j/k

• 4 years later...

Archived