How many miles will a Del Sol go?

CDRDana

I am seriously looking at a 1995 Del Sol Si with VTECH engine It appears to be in good condition.

The passanger door will not lock and it has a few small scratches. My big concern is that it has 159,000 miles on it.

It just had a tune up and the seller says its in good shape. I want to have some assurances that the engine won't

fail soon after I get it. The owner regularly changed the oil an claims to have maintained it.

She also said that there was a lot of highway driving. My question to you esperts: How long will a properly

maintained del Sol go?

Honda Engines in general are pretty reliable I'd say. I've seen some hit 300k+ without a problem. And that's without being taken cared of.

I've got a 95 del Sol Si. Daily driven. Had a turbo on it. Removed turbo. Regularly changed oil, with the occasional missed month or so. Driven hard on the highway all the time, especially on my way out to Vegas or NorCal. 20k miles till I hit 200k. Even tho, I'm not the greatest person when it comes to maintaining the car, it still runs great, haven't had a problem yet.

If my old ass Civic has 275,000+ miles (replaced tranny) then you're engine shouldn't have a problem.

Test drive it right to the dealership and pay them to inspect it.

• 2 years later...

I bought my del sol from a woman who sorta kinda took care of it when it had 190,000 miles on it. Paid 1400 bucks for it. I've only had it for about 5 or 6 months, but I haven't had a single problem with it. Only thing I know I'll need soon is a head gasket. That's pretty good for a car of that age, and I've been told by the mechanics I work with that it all looks pretty damn solid under the hood. It's a honda, man. They just keep on kickin' like you wouldn't believe.

what kind of advice is that?

do a carfax report on it, and take it to the dealer like SSR said.

ANY car will last long if you take care of it. my dad had 400,000 miles on his chrysler caravan. jolly green bitches.

old post maybe but ill take the chance to say my first honda car ever was a 1991 civic cx , lol , i know i know god awful slow , like watchin paint dry. but when i sold it it ran great still and had 425,000 km on it. i sold it to a young guy who still has it and races it in outlaw class its called. sohc honda only race league.

i suppose i should also say i owned it for 9 years and when i bought it it already had 150,000 on it. hahaha tough little bastards man.

hey, i didnt bring back this old thread. it was like 4 in the morning and i saw it so i just responded to it. so whatever.

hey, i didnt bring back this old thread. it was like 4 in the morning and i saw it so i just responded to it. so whatever.

No, but you did double post.

Archived