Rookie

manson

hey there,

Drive a Honda City supposedly powered by a d15 (not too good with codes). The engine is an Mpfi one and produces a 100 bhp.

Surfing the internet i came across the tri phase box offered by next level racing. I would like to know if any of you guys have tried out the tri phase box and what gains can i expect from it.

Link to the product : http://www.nextlevelracing.com/Triphase.htm

My car is as good as stock except for a cat-box stainless steel exhaust and a Ractive sf 200 conical filter. Would want to know a couple of cost-effective ways to take the power to the 125 - 130 bhp range. What heads would be a bolt on to my current engine, costs and expected gains?

And how much would a good low run b16 a or a b 16 b engine cost me if i intended on going in for an engine swap, and how old are these engines?

Manson.

Go for the B16B(Civic Type-R) if you can find one and have the money... i think that they usually run about $3,500 or $4,000

and i have a JDM B16A and i got mine for $2,000. i did the swap myself from a little help from my dad and friends...The B16B has more power and torque...:thumbsup:

Good Luck Man!!!

look around real good you might find one for under 2 grand worth buyin. as far as that box goes stay away from it. makes your engine think its always breathing cold air so it sprays more fuel. i dont like the idea of them personally.

hey there,

Drive a Honda City supposedly powered by a d15 (not too good with codes). The engine is an Mpfi one and produces a 100 bhp.

Surfing the internet i came across the tri phase box offered by next level racing. I would like to know if any of you guys have tried out the tri phase box and what gains can i expect from it.

Link to the product : http://www.nextlevelracing.com/Triphase.htm

My car is as good as stock except for a cat-box stainless steel exhaust and a Ractive sf 200 conical filter. Would want to know a couple of cost-effective ways to take the power to the 125 - 130 bhp range. What heads would be a bolt on to my current engine, costs and expected gains?

And how much would a good low run b16 a or a b 16 b engine cost me if i intended on going in for an engine swap, and how old are these engines?

Manson.

get a cold air intake ($200), cat back exhaust ($300-$500), and a header ($150-$200). a good cold air intake can add 10-15 horsepower on its own, the full exhaust (header and cat back), greatly reduces backpressure to the motor. these mods are realitively inexpensive and add a decent amount of horses.

An engine swap is the best way to add alot of horsepower to your car. I just got a gsr swap for my civic and it cost me around $5000. your best bet is to check online for motors if there arent any tuner shops in your area. just ask around. most of the engines you will find online have 30k-40k miles on them. make sure they have had a compression test. try out www.nippon-motors.com

good luck man

get a cold air intake ($200), cat back exhaust ($300-$500), and a header ($150-$200). a good cold air intake can add 10-15 horsepower on its own, the full exhaust (header and cat back), greatly reduces backpressure to the motor. these mods are realitively inexpensive and add a decent amount of horses.

An engine swap is the best way to add alot of horsepower to your car. I just got a gsr swap for my civic and it cost me around $5000. your best bet is to check online for motors if there arent any tuner shops in your area. just ask around. most of the engines you will find online have 30k-40k miles on them. make sure they have had a compression test. try out www.nippon-motors.com

good luck man

Ignore that, 10-15 hp for an intake? bullcrap.

If you are looking for 125-130 hp then get a d16z6, potential for later, 125 horses, cost about $800

thanks a ton for the replys guys.

i'm for right now looking at what can be done to my existing engine to take it to 125-30 bhp from its current 100 bhp stock.

any more views on that tri-phase box?

A swap is what i have in the back of my mind, but not too sure of anything yet as i am from India and it is a tideous process to get engines down and stuff. Anyone who can provide me with any door delivery links for the same?

manson.

Ignore that, 10-15 hp for an intake? bullcrap.

If you are looking for 125-130 hp then get a d16z6, potential for later, 125 horses, cost about $800

an aem cold air intake on a prelude can add up to 15hp at the flywheel, this is coming from personal experience as well as the tuners at the shop i bought it at

seirously, a frackin intake on a N/a adds crap to performance. maybe 5 hp like mdguy said. your tuner must be on crack when he read those numbers.

in order to get a gain in hp it isn't cheap so don't by that triphase box or whatever the hell it is. if you want hp you can't get it cheap. that box is just a gimmick. I/H/E if you are looking for such minimal horse power gains (that's intake, header, and exhaust). other things you can upgrade are ignition, ecu, and internals.

decide what your overall goal is because if you are looking for some serious horse power then you should upgrade to a B-series engine. if not then you can just keep the d-series engine you have and turbo it. d-series engines make excelent power plants and are capable of 400+ hp (ask SolLes).

alright so lets crap the intake for right now. what headers and other stuff could i buy to acieve te naive target.

manson.

DC header, AEM V2 cold air intake, Tanabe,Greddy, or HKS cat-back exaust...that should get you started pretty good on one of the B16 swaps...:thumbsup:

no power but more acceleration with a flywheel.

you mean faster acceleration through the gears or slightly longer gearing so that i could make power power at higher rpm s ?

any specific model in fidanza for the d 15 mpfi engine? costs?

manson.

p.s. thanks for the help so far guys

• 4 weeks later...

guys i have been recently suggested to swap a civic d 16 z 2 engine head onto my present d15.

what kindof REAL gains can i expect with the same?

like i ve mentioned earlier, the aim is to gte my stock 100 bhp at crank in the region of 130 bhp, don't need a drag strip car, just something fast enough for everyday use.

what are the other head swaps that i can look at?

btw, no really into it, but there is a dohc zc engine as well for sale, is it worth a swap?

manson.

and how much would the used d 16 z2 head cost if i sourced it from the US? how much for a porting polishing job as well? and lastly can any of you guys help me souce the same?

manson.

Archived