Rides

I think I found my new favorite car. Anyone see the show with the Ford Shelby GR-1 Concept? What a sweet car! When I see anything designed or inspired by Carroll Shelby I become weak in the knees. And this car is no exception. J Mays and George Saridakis took styling cues from the new GT and the 1964 Daytona Coupe. What do you think?

ford-gr1-10.jpg

shelby_gr-1_concept2.jpg

shelby_gr-1_concept.jpg

daytona6.jpg

gt01.jpg

I like the looks of the new GR-1 concept. That was a awesome episode of Rides.

As far as the new Ford GT goes, I love the car, but screw ford for one reason..... The whole thing that was suppossed to make the GT so appealing was that it performed with the $200,000+ ferrari's and lamborghini's with an MSRP of $141,245 (right off Ford's website), and everybody is selling them at over $230,000. only 90,000 over MSRP. I saw one in person and they are awesome.

Not that I could ever afford one, but for 230,000, I'd be damned if I'd own a Ford.

I've seen the new Ford GT at the St. Louis auto show the past 2 years and our local Ford dealer has one on their showroom floor right now....(town of 4000). The next town closest to us is about 10 miles away and (20,000 people) and a mechanic/friend at the Ford dealer there, said that their Ford GT is on the way.....although with 90,000 over invoice, people are crazy to buy them, IMO. So, they are far from rare around here.....I"ve seen less NSX's than Ford GT's.

A little off topic, but we were at the Porsche dealer in St. Louis a couple of weekends ago and they had a new Carrera GT on the showroom floor. It was without a doubt the most amazing car I have ever seen. Just massive. Everything on this car was carbon fiber.....even the fender wells. Porsche dealer said that the clutch costs 35,000 and the front bumper is 15,000 if you had to replace them. That may be part of the reason I'm not as enthusiastic about the Ford GT...... I just saw a Carrera GT a couple of days before I saw the Ford GT.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone seen the mr2 project with complete carbon fiber body? It looks pretty sweet. Its not even painted, just glossy carbon fiber from head to toe. (i would murder someone if i got rear-ended in that car)

• 3 weeks later...
all the bling has got to be illegal. You could blind another driver if the sun hits it at the right angle. :D

id agree...on a sunny day..youd be blind for life..other then that its not a bad ride :)

Archived