Advice on buying a car

kur1j

hey.. accords have the most potential of pretty much any honda. get the honda but no v6.. get a 4cylinder non-vtec. the LX accord is the best engine ever made. you could push 500 horses once you fix it up. and i drive a 97 accord and i think it has the best stability, roll, and its really fun to drive. i'd go with the accord. even though i love the RSX.

I think i might disagree there on that statement.

I would like you to think about what you said, then consider the vast array of other honda engines and the outputs they make. also consider which engines are used in the NHRA and NIRA drag hondas.

Then consider the NSX, RL, TL and Indy V8 engines.

Surely this guy is kidding. For starters "LX Accord" is not a type of engine, it's a type of car. Second if you are referring to the F22B2 from a 97 accord lx.... I've never seen that motor built up anywhere near 500 hp. Please point me in the direction of one.

Yeah, I'd take an 97 LX Accord over an NSX anyday.....(yah).

Surely this guy is kidding. For starters "LX Accord" is not a type of engine, it's a type of car. Second if you are referring to the F22B2 from a 97 accord lx.... I've never seen that motor built up anywhere near 500 hp. Please point me in the direction of one.

Yeah, I'd take an 97 LX Accord over an NSX anyday.....(yah).

me too.

hey.. lx accord ---- its an f22b engine.. fawk you.. i know what im talking about. an NSX yea, great car.. try to get one of those... douche bag..

yea, the non-vtec f22 is able to get up to 460-500 hp. you get bigger pistons, bigger camshafts, new head, turbo(20 psi) and intake, intercooler, JDM ECU chip, and weight reduction (remove: carpet, spare tire, rear seats, airbag, airconditioning, all else that would keep you down.

i know that is possible.. i have seen it dynoed.

lol....you're funny as hell. Yeah, F22 is the motor that comes in the 94-97 accord and the specifics are F22B1 = Accord EX and F22B2 = Accord DX/LX.

If you have to replace the head, what head are you replacing it with?

Thanks for the lesson....I didn't know dropping weight gained you horsepower.

Show pics of the dyno or a vid....

It's not about how easy it is to obtain an NSX....(not really that hard), you simply stated that LX accord's engine was the best ever made....I disagree in favor of the NSX. (C32A)

You seem brilliant with your "I saw one dyno'd" and do you realize that there are B series out there pushing around 1000 hp?

hummm....now why would I want to ruin a perfectly good car with turbo's computer chips etc? At that point (your 50k dollar 1337 accord 1997) I could buy a S2000 and probably still almost beat you 0-60 and have 20k dollars in the bank. I think I would have more fun throwing money in a hole and then digging it up 10 years later.

Honestly I cannot see spending an extra 20k dollars on a 10k dollar car. The only thing I see spending money on is better tires/wheels (if its an LX) and MAYBE lowering the car (200 bux max if you did it your self).

funny crap.. geo metro has a 3 cylinder.. its crazy cuz my dad just got a new Triumph Rocket III and it is a 3 cylinder and he says it has 140 horsepower and 2300 cc's and thats more than my car.. damn they are making motorcycles way too big now.. i cant even straddle it and im 6'0.

Archived