What Do U Do 4 A Living??

crx88t

crx88t: its okay, changing oil isn't that bad. if you like dealing with cars, there shouldn't be a problem. i wish i could change my own oil but damn, acura had to be a b*tch and make the oil filter hard to reach. i change the oil in every car we own...except for my car and the lexus.

overboost: so you use to do installs??? damn, wish i was in your area! i want a custom install in my car. i just have a big bulky box in my trunk :sad: i just came back from a car show the other day and ive seen a 10 that put my 2 12's to shame!! my subs aren't that bad either! 2 12" rockford punch dvc.. i had a friend check out my car and he said that i need a new box (i have a bandpass box) he said get a sealed box and dynamat the trunk and ill be okay. i also saw another TL with a glass sub box with mirrors and neon lights....it was f*ckin bad a*s! how much would you charge for an install like that? 400-600??

zc: hey, so you can get jdm parts? which parts can you get for my car???

oh and what i do for a living is on weekdays im a dental assistant. weekends i work at sams club. i also go to school so im usually busy :crazy:

do you do group buys??? i think the fellas in the TL forum would be interested. one guy who sells a "azect" and "skipper" lip for my car said the shipping for 5 lips (thats how much will fit into 1 box) would be around 700 bucks! shipping for 1 lip is around 415! good lawd! how much you charge for 1 lip...including shipping and handling? pm me

crx88t: its okay, changing oil isn't that bad. if you like dealing with cars, there shouldn't be a problem. i wish i could change my own oil but damn, acura had to be a b*tch and make the oil filter hard to reach. i change the oil in every car we own...except for my car and the lexus.

overboost: so you use to do installs??? damn, wish i was in your area! i want a custom install in my car. i just have a big bulky box in my trunk :sad: i just came back from a car show the other day and ive seen a 10 that put my 2 12's to shame!! my subs aren't that bad either! 2 12" rockford punch dvc.. i had a friend check out my car and he said that i need a new box (i have a bandpass box) he said get a sealed box and dynamat the trunk and ill be okay. i also saw another TL with a glass sub box with mirrors and neon lights....it was f*ckin bad a*s! how much would you charge for an install like that? 400-600??

zc: hey, so you can get jdm parts? which parts can you get for my car???

oh and what i do for a living is on weekdays im a dental assistant. weekends i work at sams club. i also go to school so im usually busy :crazy:

the easyest way to get to the acura filter is to get underneath the car...

just get like 2 jacks or something... and for the lexus u can usually get it from the top with a ban rench :D

Hey all, interesting topic. I fix computers, have this huge territory that I cover in my RSX TS, bought it last Nov, have 37,000 fun miles onit already. My old Integra was a 90, traded it with almost 300,000 on it, still ran great too. I also am a freelance piano player (cause I needs $$). Hey jdm guy, has any1 tried to get Type R suspension parts for a 02 Type S? Don't know if theyre interchangable yet, but am trying to get info on the new RSX typeR.

My friend in Texas does oil for a dealership, he has fun, at least thats what he says. Told me he meets a lot a goils, you know, chicks?

Later, Nova :ninja:

Umm, well I used to work retail, but I couldn't take it anymore and decided to avoid "real" jobs. So now I babysit my niece about five days a week, and for these other two kids anywhere from 1-3 + days/nights per week. I used to spend about 3-6 hours on Fridays housekeeping and make $125 from that, but that's stopped for a little while, so I'm short the cash from that :(

cashier at the local grocery store. publix is a nice company to work for though. can move up real fast, and make the big dollas!

TL: i don't know much about system's, but from what ppl have told me, bandpass box's suck. poorly constructed or something like that. i'd rather hear my car though. oh well, 2 10's will suit me fine when i decide to get em.

TL: i don't know much about system's, but from what ppl have told me, bandpass box's suck. poorly constructed or something like that. i'd rather hear my car though. oh well, 2 10's will suit me fine when i decide to get em.

not all bandpass boxes are poorly constructed. the problem is that bandpass cuts bass at low and high sub bass frequencies. only midrange sub bass is allowed to pass. this narrow frequency range sucks for sound quality. and in many cases in car audio, it lowers the output. most of the time a vented/ported enclosure will hit at least +3dB-+6dB louder then a similar bandpass. in home audio they seem to work well. but i'd like to shoot the guy who thought about putting them in the car. the bandpass frequency never reaches the resonant frequency of the vehicle. also cabin gain makes the altered bass sound muddy and distorted. this is why you never see bandpass enclosures at IASCA competitions. neither the sq competitors or the dB draggers would use a bp setup.

like i said...i don't know crap about systems. when you start talking i can follow, i just don't know much about brands, how they work, etc. i know a guy that is all about systems though, he's got a 89 accord dx with 2 15 pushing like 1500 watts each or something like that. i could tell you more about downforce and inertia etc. than i could about speakers.

Archived