Opinions

What does everyone think of the new HF.com index page?

Confused the hell out of me last when I visited the boards... I was drunk though, so that added to it, I suppose :crazy:

Anyway, I like it... It's something I'm used to seeing on the other forums I'm on.

However, I believe that since Honda/Acura news is displayed on there, there isn't really a need for a forum for it. If someone finds news that Drew has not, then why not just PM it to him?

i think we still need the forum. how else are people going to post replies?

:)

Yeah, that's the idea.

After the news on the main page, you can click to view the replies to the news article. My hope is to draw people into the forum by giving them something to read right off the bat. If they just visit the main forum page, they may not go in and browse the forums. If there is something interesting to read right away, then they may wonder what else there is to read about. I want to figure out a way to limit the viewable size of the news on the main page so it only shows a portion of the post, where they can finish reading it inside the forum. That way I can fit more topics on the main page without it being extremely long. I want to spark discussion about the topics also. This is also why I am displaying the recent topics in the upper right corner as well as a featured Poll from the forums. Trying to bring people in. I will also be rearranging some of the forums around in the next few weeks. You may have noticed that I have already moved some around and combined others.

Thanks for the feedback, and keep it coming.

i hate the new design

Hate is a pretty strong word to use for something. Can you please give some reasons for why you do not like it?

I am still working on it but if I don't get any feedback from it, I don't know what is wrong with it or what people don't like about it.

the news forum is more like a news archive now.

Well, since it a newer forum, there aren't that many story's and many of them are old. The latest post is only a couple days old though.

You are more than welcome to send me links to news stories or other interesting discoveries related to Honda's and Acura's.

thanks a lot rex :sad:

no but seriously though, i PERSONALLY think its a bit too much info for a "cover page" i just think people would just go to the site.....read whats on the cover page (which is the most juiciest info) and then leave without even logging in. just my 10 cent......my 2 cents is free :laugh:

Archived