1. 1. Manual or Automatic???

• Manual
    • Automatic

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

:-" I am still looking for a 1999-2001 Accord Coupe in Automatic!! I have been carless for almost a year now which is crazy!!! I have been looking on craigslist but so many dumb sellers price their cars based on what they think they should get and NOT bluebook. GRRRR. I really would like to get an automatic..not b/c I'm a dumb girl..but because I hate shifting in traffic!! (which I will be stuck in this year now that I'm moving to my moms)

Anyone know any good car listing sites I should go to. I live in the Bay Area. San Jose Area.

Thanks and Merry X-Mas everyone! :heart:

• 3 months later...

I don't know if you plan on racing your car our not, but manual is always better :thumbsup:!!!!!!!!!!!! It will save you tuns on gas, and you can control the gear ratio. Plus you tend to get more hourse power out of a manual than an automatic.

I have a 2000 Accord EX 4cyl w/ 5spd manual. It is quick enough (especially after 4000RPMs) for me when I am alone in the car, but it seems as soon as I add a passenger or two the acceleration just isn't as impressive (even after V-TEC kicks in). So I would say go with the 4cyl manual if you are the only one in the car, but if you are usually with other people I'd opt for the V6. That's just my $.02 good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
V6 ALLLLLL DAY LONG SIR! you cant go wrong, get a 4 cylinder if you like falling asleep while you drive, other wise the V6 sounds harmonic with an intake especially after 3500 rpms

get a v4 manual vtech and trust me..with a little money you'll be able to smoke those v6 ones

i don't fall asleep on my v4 but i really get tired coming home after the club at around 2am unless there's other ricers that want to test the h22 :D

THOSE V6 ARE SLOW AS crapT

i own an automatic integra and that crap is soo slow..go with stick

i rather get a 4spd 90 hatch then a automatic

• 2 months later...
get a v4 manual vtech and trust me..with a little money you'll be able to smoke those v6 ones

i don't fall asleep on my v4 but i really get tired coming home after the club at around 2am unless there's other ricers that want to test the h22 :D

THOSE V6 ARE SLOW AS crapT

i own an automatic integra and that crap is soo slow..go with stick

i rather get a 4spd 90 hatch then a automatic

Do you realize that 4 cylinder engines are not V4's. Look at the motor...... is it in the shape of a V? Just an inline 4, just like they have inline 6's in BMW's (not V6).

The honda dealer we always buy from said that there was some kind of Accord V6 6manual that had more hp than the rest...better suspension and was a special edition...(of course this is back when the new body style just came out) and they said they would only get 1...maybe 2 the first year.

Archived