JDM Civic Sidemarkers

dawrenn

huh

Please tell me your not trying to put these on by yourself. If you do I'm willing to bet you'll mess up your fenders.

I am not going to be putting them on my dad is. He used to own a bodyshop he knows how to do stuff like that.

Man, I want to take every f-ing JDM piece off my car sometimes, especially when the latest kid in the civic his mom gave him want's the "jdmlook"  Dude, if it isn't from japan, it's not jdm.  Get the stupid clear ones, you know you want them.  Then get the APC "JDM blacked out" tail lights, and how about a nice JDM front lip that was made in like Arkansas or something?  And besides, don't you know it's time to jump on the drift bandwagon?  Flame on......

You're a bitch man. He's asking for help, its not like he's flaming you or anything. Or, and by the way, you stated, "Man, I want to take every f-ing JDM piece off my car sometimes," which means that YOU have JDM crap on your car. So fawk off, he's just trying to get some peaceful info and fracks like you come and flame him for no reason. You know WHY we like all that JDM crap? It looks good. And we can't buy it normally. That's why we have to put it on aftermarket. Why kind of f*cking jeans do you wear butthead? Levi's? Klein? Tommy? Or are you all special and "not part of the crowd" and you shop at f*cking JCPenny or Macy's brand and get crap like that. Get some f*cking tolerance man, and quite flaming these newbs who are just looking for some honest f*cking help.

By the way: My shop put the part that sticks out a little away from the front, on the door side. Flows a little nicer.

You're a bitch man. He's asking for help, its not like he's flaming you or anything. Or, and by the way, you stated, "Man, I want to take every f-ing JDM piece off my car sometimes," which means that YOU have JDM crap on your car. So fawk off, he's just trying to get some peaceful info and fracks like you come and flame him for no reason. You know WHY we like all that JDM crap? It looks good. And we can't buy it normally. That's why we have to put it on aftermarket. Why kind of f*cking jeans do you wear butthead? Levi's? Klein? Tommy? Or are you all special and "not part of the crowd" and you shop at f*cking JCPenny or Macy's brand and get crap like that. Get some f*cking tolerance man, and quite flaming these newbs who are just looking for some honest f*cking help.

By the way: My shop put the part that sticks out a little away from the front, on the door side. Flows a little nicer.

Thanks dude.

The way I was going to put mine on is having the part that sticks out be facing towards the back of the car.

Do you know if the wire for the signal light is seperate from the wire for the hazard lights or are they the same? Is the side markers suppose to flash when the hazards are on?

Please let me know.

Yeah, I just double-checked on mine, and the fat part goes back. Also, I haven't wired my signals yet, it might take me a little while, seing as how im too lazy to go buy wires. Also, the plug looks like I might need an adapter to change the metal prong to a more wire accessible outlet. Other than that, I believe the turn signal bulb has 3 wires leading to it, one should be a ground, and the other two are most likely parking light and signal. Same bulb, just different currents I think.

Yeah, I just double-checked on mine, and the fat part goes back. Also, I haven't wired my signals yet, it might take me a little while, seing as how im too lazy to go buy wires. Also, the plug looks like I might need an adapter to change the metal prong to a more wire accessible outlet. Other than that, I believe the turn signal bulb has 3 wires leading to it, one should be a ground, and the other two are most likely parking light and signal. Same bulb, just different currents I think.

Thanks, thats what I thought. I did not wire the signal yet either.

Man, I want to take every f-ing JDM piece off my car sometimes, especially when the latest kid in the civic his mom gave him want's the "jdmlook" Dude, if it isn't from japan, it's not jdm. Get the stupid clear ones, you know you want them. Then get the APC "JDM blacked out" tail lights, and how about a nice JDM front lip that was made in like Arkansas or something? And besides, don't you know it's time to jump on the drift bandwagon? Flame on......

:thumbsup:

he's not talking about real jdm crap (which is what he said he has on his car) he's talking about knock off apc jdm crap.

i wanna say it was buddysol who said "jdm is the new rice" about a year or so ago...i have agree'd with him since he said it.

Dude, those sidemarkers are from Japan of Honda. Mine are f*cking stamped. Isn't that "real JDM" enough for you? He has the SAME ONES. They are direct Honda Factory sidemakers. The thing is, unless you import an actual ITR or CTR, they will all be JDM imitators no matter what. I agree that it is kinda stupid that EVERYONE is doing it now, but I do realize that a "JDM" lip kit on a civic is MUCH better than an "Octane" or "Invader" kit on a civic. It is the new rice. The only thing we can do is copy the Japanese on some levels. Body kits are retarded most the time and the lip kit, sidemarkers, headlights, taillights, rims, side mouldings, fawk, even the shift boot and knob, all look better than the USDM stock parts, but they don't go over the edge. That's kinda like saying why buy a Mercedes, they're only wannabe's to Ferrari. This whole JDM craze is stupid because it makes all the Civic's look the same, oh well. They all look the same stock, and I would personally prefer "JDM" civics wandering around than fat-kitted ones. Oh well. You guys all want your "JDM" motor swap, aside from SSR, who has his very own CTR cluster and 5 lug conversion. You don't have the VTEC engine, are you swapping yourself? Gah. Most of this crap is probably just allergies, I dunno. I just hate seeing a little newb who hasn't done anything wrong (unlike streetkeys and 1010tires) get flamed by someone with like, 80 posts. It just reminds me of wissnx01 or whatever, the Nissan flamers. He just wanted a question answered, thats all. And if I have to play Angel's Advocate, so be it.

I really need to know which way the sidemarkers should face when they are installed? Do the spots that are circled go towrds the front or the back of the car? I think the go towards the back.

wMzg2NDAxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg

sorry if you're offended mercutio...but i don't recall ever even saying anything to the new kid. he can do whatever he wants.

i know a girl who just bought a 93 civic dx automatic coupe...its got those jdm sidemarkers on the fenders and to be honest they don't look good at all. they stick out way to much and mess up the natural "flowing" line of the car. they're probably knock offs, but it doesn't matter...it all looks nasty.

if you flush mounted them, or something close to that effect, then it would look ok. but you will never see me putting sidemarkers on my fenders (and its not just because my car doesn't come from japan)

The part that is circled goes to the back, I've told you that twice already. fawk. Maybe I should let them flame you...

Edit: Mail me the sockets in the back of them, if you aren't gonna wire 'em, I will on mine.

The part that is circled goes to the back, I've told you that twice already. fawk. Maybe I should let them flame you...

Edit: Mail me the sockets in the back of them, if you aren't gonna wire 'em, I will on mine. I am going to use the sockets

Sorry, I didnt even relize that you already told me twice.I am going to use the sockets. I know someone on another forums that is selling a set of sockets.

Lemme know how much he wants for 'em. I might be interested.

PM me with that info.

I think he wants $10 for them. I dont know how much shipping would be. I would need your address or zipcode.

One of the sidemarker does not sit flush against the fender which I think is caused by part of the hole not being big enough, someone on another forum said it could be that the hole is too big When you look at the spot that is not flush you can see a piece of plastic that needs to be pushed in more but when I try to it won't go in. I guess could file the spot a little more but I don't want to take the chance of making the hole too big. Is there anyway that I can make the sidemarker sit flush? Would taking the fender off and holding the back of the fender while pushing the sidemarker forward work? or will I just have to file the spot a little more?

I hope this is not confusing.

why not just file/cut the plastic part on the sidemarker a little to make it fit? new sidemarkers are less expensive than a new painted fender if you happen to mess something up.

Yeah I guess I will do that. I think it might also fit if I actually take the fender off and push the fender from behind. That might make the plastic snap into place.

Good point. Also, I looked at the whole the shop cut into my fender for my sidmarkers, and it is a rectangular hole to fit the back of the sidemarker. It has a little bit of weatherstriping on the front of the sidemarker, so you should be okay if you fit the hole to that smaller back of the marker.

Archived