New to Prelude (Exhaust Question)

amdman

Hey guys,

I am completely new to the prelude and I just bought an 00 5spd. I want to do a few things too it. In the future I plan on adding a turbo to it. So a few questions. One is exhaust which exhaust is a good exhaust. I used to have a Ford Mustang a while back and I remember all the ricers with their loud exhausts and have decided I don't want anything that is much louder then stock, but still gives good air flow. The second question is turbos. I have looked at a few like the FMAX kit and the Drag gen kit. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks

I would think you would need a "big ricey exhaust" if your going turbo. You would need an efficient muffler to expel the exhaust gases.

Something like the Apexi N1, in my opinion. It's big and loud but efficient for turbo applications.

Edit: Other members may disagree though. Most cars with turbo that I've seen had a pretty big exhaust on it.

• 2 weeks later...

You can, it's just a pain to tune it to deal with the VTEC overlap and the boost. It's definitely doable. You're also gonna hafta build up the bottom end to handle the boost. I intend on turbo'n mine later on, so it's possible, just takes a while to get it tuned correctly.

Hey guys,

I am completely new to the prelude and I just bought an 00 5spd. I want to do a few things too it. In the future I plan on adding a turbo to it. So a few questions. One is exhaust which exhaust is a good exhaust. I used to have a Ford Mustang a while back and I remember all the ricers with their loud exhausts and have decided I don't want anything that is much louder then stock, but still gives good air flow. The second question is turbos. I have looked at a few like the FMAX kit and the Drag gen kit. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks

H22A motors have high compression ratios..... for turbo... its ideal to have a low compression ratio....

i personally wouldn't recommend turboing the H22.... unless you just want to run on low boost....

turbo turbo turbo turbo, the h22's compression is fine for turbo, and the extra displacement will help with eliminating turbo lag. you'll be fine if you go with a t3/t4, although i personally dont like them. just dont boost too much on it, if you want huge hp numbers then build your bottom end and add more boost, for a street car minimal boost and a stock h22 will be fine for 250-280whp

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

appearence first? function over fashion bro. id go for the turbo, look into the details of the kits, theres a few kit i remember reading about that give u a booklet on diff ecu's to get that can trick out ur fuel managment and keep ur vtec co-oping with ur turbo. just remember to start off low, maybe 6-8 psi and run that for about 1000 miles or so to get ur internals broken in, then just tune it up 2-4 psi at a time til u get where u want or u blow the motor lol

Archived