how fast can a prelude get?

olinaficionado

I am looking to buy a new car, and high on my list is a 1994 prelude. When I get the car, I plan on making it one fast automobile. How much potential does this prelude have? Is there any amount of miles (e.i. greater than 70k) that I should turn my eyes to something with less miles?

How fast can I get it, if I am on a smaller budget (I will not be spending over 3000 on modifications right away, I am limited as my cash flow is small.)

OA

If I was to do an engine swap with my Accord, it would be a prelude engine (H22A) that I would be dropping in there, so yes it's got a good engine to start adding too already.

I like those Preludes....

• 4 months later...

i was looking at possibly getting a prelude down the road, same year probably... great engines to start with, and you can pull 302 hp out of it n/a if you send it in to paeco for a bit of money....(info. courtesy of almighty overboost). it's definitely the platform to start w/ though, if you ask me... good luck

ludes are quick.. they're heavy..but quick. my friend has a modified 93 and took it out in the streets. that one day, we just got done installing his cold air intake with a aluminum piping from home depo....using one end exposed in front of the radiator and the other end at the filter. we also changed his oil and just threw in some ngk spark plugs. took it out at night and ran couple of guys. some guys called us out to run so we did and spanked all the imports that night. of course we didn't run any of the camaros or stangs but hey..

ohhh let me share this one kill. we were on this one road....most popular road in houston for night street racing. so we were at this stop light, suddenly we heard like a swarm of bees around us!! looked around and we were caught in a middle of a race!! i was like, "oh damn! just in the nick of time!" i looked over and there was a gsr, civic, and a maxima. we were all 1st in line. light turns green and we all gun it. it was a good start.. we were all neck and neck but then my friend power shifts to 2nd and the civic was somewhere back there so it was just the gsr, us, and the maxima. we shifts 3rd and 4th and the gsr slowly lags. so then it was the maxima and us.....DUDE, that maxima was hanging on to us like crazy!! MAXIMAS aint no joke dog!! somehow my friend shifted to 5th or something and slowly the maxima was lagging.. from then on, i have much respect for maximas!! the only cars that had aftermarket clutches was our prelude, the gsr, and the maxima b/c we were all chirpin.. anyway, i really do have respect for maximas. they can be QUICK!!

• 3 weeks later...

How fast can a Prelude get??? Well I'm sure they can be fast but not for cheep and it won't be streetable when done. I used to own one before I got my WRX and here was my list of mods, AEM cams, AEM underdrive pulleys, AEM cold air intake, AEM fuel rail and pressure regulator, Bosch +4 platinum plugs and wires, and my 100 shot of NX. Lets just say that a lightly modded Mustang GT stuck with me until 4th gear. The Prelude was a sexy looking car but not fast. Sorry to break your hearts. :(

The GT pulled me believe it or not and no I am not a crapty driver. The GT had 3.73 gears, lightened fly wheel, new clutch, K&N air filter and a short throw shifter and also like a 125 shot of nitrous but didn't use it for the race we had. The Stangs are fast boys, don't hate cause they got 4 more cylinders......

I can safely say that a prelude can be fast for a lot of money from my own experience.It wouldn't be street legal ever in the States but then again I don't live there.Here where I am it is legal.(coz they don't give a S@#t!)

But anyways it is very possible if you are willing to spend the $$

Archived