Best Engine???????

Racing94AccordEX

I am In the process of moding a 94 accord ex 4dr. I need input on the best engine to swap, replacing dohc vtec 4 cyl. I am looking to get the most horse power out of her as possible. i am prepping her for a car show/ race. Simply put, I need to know what engine will go best in the car and what mods will best suit a part time racer. If anyone has a set up that will fit, I would greatly appreciate it.

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.

Sub

i agree with optional187, running an 94 accord to mids 12s, your gonna need more then a motor swap.

a good common swap on any accord, is an H22A thats a 2.2L DOHC vtec motor.

what would be a good swap for my 96 v6 accord

the only reason im swapping is cause the v6 engine is at 130k mileage, and if i mod it anymore im afraid it will blow out and such

im currently subscripted to hondatuning and stuff, currently the february edition has a article on what is good for an accord, recommending a h22 from a prelude

i would like more opinions than a magazine

my budget isnt that much too i have read the engine costs thread in the Under the Hood forum

Well if you fancy doin engine swaps yourself you can get a H22a for about 3 k with no more than 30k miles on it, or at least I have found some. If you are not skilled at swaps... i would say you are gonna pay around 5k to get the same engine swapped out by a pro. That is figuring in labor at places where I live, might be cheaper where you are. But yeah.. I am gonna swap out my SOHC( i got it right this time) 4cyl vtech for a H22A.

what would be a good swap for my 96 v6 accord

the only reason im swapping is cause the v6 engine is at 130k mileage, and if i mod it anymore im afraid it will blow out and such

im currently subscripted to hondatuning and stuff, currently the february edition has a article on what is good for an accord, recommending a h22 from a prelude

i would like more opinions than a magazine

my budget isnt that much too i have read the engine costs thread in the Under the Hood forum

You're crap out of luck. The Accord V6 has a different front end than the other Accords. An H22 won't drop in.

yeah read honda tuning (february) again and it said that the v6 accords have different mounting locations

rather gay if you ask me ill find another v6 engine then

are v6's even any good compared to h22s and such tho i would like to know itd be nice

• 3 weeks later...

If it'll fit - and I'm no mechanic!! - try and get hold of a UK/Japan spec Accord Type-R engine. Like I say, probably wont fit, but if you can shoehorn the thing in, they are the best engines Honda have produced for the Accords.

2.2l, 4 Cylinder, 16v (so very light) knocking out 212bhp spinning round to 8,000 RPM. Sweet!!!

Well I would like to be able to get a v6 in there. Is that possible? Anyone know? maybe a small one? I dunno.... I am just starting out in mechanics.. i am actually working on my associates degree in Automotive Technology, so I do not know enough yet. So far the most popular swap has been to the H22A, and now 1 suggestion to the Type R. Is there any other suggestions?

And what about parts for suggested engines to give me a lil more power? Brand names and such would be great. Thanks again ladies and gents.

Archived