Whats the Best Brake upgrade for a Rex???

ALLTHROTTLE/Noboost/Nobottle

I have a 1990 Crx and im trying to decide what types of brakes to get i was thinking about this brake kit from FASTBRAKES.COM which includes cross-drilled and slotted rotors new brakelines (stainless steel), oem calipers that are rebuilt, and axxis brake pads for 565.00. if anyone has anything that is around the price range of 100-800 dollars and is better or if u just have an opinion on it reply please.:ninja:

what are power slots and what are drilled? don't they both have holes in them? ive seen some that have holes in them as well as um...whatchamacallit...diagonal slits to relieve friction? i think the diagonal slits help reduce temp. the holes are to relieve the brake dust..that i know

mark: the diagonal slits are slotted rotors. the let gas and heat escape from inbetween the pad and rotor. the ones with holes are drilled, which basically do the same thing...they even make rotors that are both slotted and cross drilled.

my parents harleys have cross drilled rotors on them...they look awesome because of all the chrome.

well, i already know what the holes function as. i just didnt know the slits do the same. but how can it relieve brake dust if its just slits and not a slit that is cut through the whole rotor?? its like a slit that goes half way down through the rotor.

plus, i thought the slits help reduce friction. wouldn't you WANT friction btw the pads and the rotors in order for it to come to a halt?

Get non drilled or slotted rotors. Get good brake pads and make some brake cooling ducts for the front. If you make the brake cooling pads, make sure you make the ducts go to the bottom of the rotor on the backside of the rotor.

• 3 weeks later...

im also looking for better brakes. right now i have the stock si hubs/brakes. need to be bigger.

oh yeah ....

JDM Jackass2

by the way, cross drilled and/or slotted rotors suck ass. lets see here: less surface area, and prone to cracking. sign me up! yeah... fuk that.

i guess all those touring cars/ rally cars/ nascars should just quit using them huh?

....0wn3d.

Archived