acura legend

hey, went to check out a '93 acura legend ls the other day. Was tight w/ the leather interior and 200 hp 3.2L v6, but that is about all I know about it. FWD of course, but yea.... also had an auto. If anyone knows about these cars, aftermarket potential/parts available, or just if they are decent cars (assuming they are b/c of being acura) feel free to post and let me know what's up. Thanks all.

i was about to get on an 91+ legend, 2door or 4door, AT, i only like them as a family car/cruising/sound system car that its a luxury of accord, but older version or RL,TL, i like the 91+legends, they also look nice if you know what to modify in words as exterior and interior.

even as an automatic tranny/luxury you can do alot, also not as fast as others, you just gotta compare this car to older models of other luxury cars. its faster then the 91+accords, they look nicer, its more rare to see on streets then the accord. and its unique.

if you plan on buying this car to buy aftermarket engine parts then look else where. there is nothing made for this car...performance wise unless you know someone who can do custom parts for you. what you can do is upgrade your sound system and cruise around in that.

Yeah, it was pretty quick indeed. I was finding out what you meant by no aftermarket parts, I got on ebay and stuff and couldn't find anything but cheap knock-off intakes and legend "muffler tips". How stupid do people really think we are, for real? I imagine that I could get custom work done by a friend of mine here in town, but for a while it'd just be stock. 200 hp in basically a heavy accord doesn't sound too bad. Yeah, unfortunately it was an auto. Gotta like the leather too. Anybody have pics or stats of a legend that was fixed up nicely?

• 1 month later...

Ok-I own an 1991 Acura Legend LS coupe. I have done a few mods. :)

1. It is not a "luxuary" Accord. The Vigor/TL use the same platform as the Accord. The Legend is much more IMO.

2. Yes, the aftermarket is slim-I'll agree with that. Importfan.com currently has some carbon fiber products for the sedan and myself and a few others are working with them to make some products for the coupe.

Overall the Legend is a wonderful car. I plan to keep mine for many years to come.

And yes if you are wondering, I regestered just because of this thread, but I'll stick around to rep for the Legend. :)

I believe the Legend platform was based off a stretched Accord platform also. But beyond specifics, it is no Accord, IMO. Honda may create many cars from 3 original platforms, but each and every one is different.

IMO, The best Legend you can get to "keep up" w/ the newer cars on the market would be a:

93-95 LS Coupe (Type II Motor) 230HP

94-95 GS Sedan (Type II Motor) 230HP

Both models came in AT / 6-Spd applications.

There is aftermarket support avalible for the Legend.

Dinan / Bayou ECU chips

Custom CAI or on the market Short-Ram's

Exhaust systems: Greddy/Trust, Remus, Stroumng, ect.. All Legend Spec. applications.

Suspension : Eibach, H&R, Kg/mm, Intrax, Ground Control, Koni, JIC Magic, Canover ect..

Power: Custom but on the market, Always NOS, MLS/KMS Bored TB, headers (in the works) Hi flo cats, Custom exhaust system...

Alot of parts are JDM. Body kits and most of other aftermarket parts have to be imported and for a 10 y/o car it's rare to see someone drop 5K on a Admiration kit for a Legend.

Whats funny is that the Legend is just that. No way an accord could compare to a Legend. The 03-04 Accord stock is just now catching up to the 93-95 Type II Legend in terms of unmodified speed. The 03 accord just reccived a 6-speed trans option which the Legend had since 93. No Accord sdn has 6-spd trans options avalible. Luxury no comparison. Newer acura/honda models have just reccived avalible options that were on the Legend since 91.

Here are some tech. aspects of the Legend:

1.) It is a technology Testbed. The KA was Honda's first attempt at the Germans so they used the best of the best of the best.

2.) the Drivetrain. Being MF (Midship front wheel drive) it was ahead of its time and there still is NO car on the road with this setup. the Audi's Subarus Chryslers and many other Front engine Frontwheels drive cars have something similar but the drive axles are behind the engine. making the engine fully ahead of the axels.

3.) superb attention to detail. you know that even the manual transmission has an oil cooler for this car? Every automatic on the road has a trans fluid cooler but VERY FEW manual transmission cars have transfluid coolers. The chassis structure has some amazing bracing to help with flex.

4.) design. the design is interpretable. i for one believe it is and may possibly always be one of the most elegantly brutish and beautifully crafted design ever created. the sedan has the perfect mixture of muscular tone and pretty face. the interior so supple lining up correctly everywhere your eye flows from one side to the other non-stop. absolutley gorgeous.

5.) Athletic Aesthetics. being a pretty dainty looking car to the casual veiwer it shows that its not really all that polite with it's engine. The engine makes the legend the Jewel it really is (plus hte transmission selections) out of 3206cc it puts out 200 or 230hp. in this time with out VTEC or any valve play, that was superior power from the displacement. with a torque curve that made every manufacturer jealous.

6.) Its uncanny handling. Many think it may handle like boat but until they have really learned to drive this car (not just drive fast but drive fluidly) they dont know that this car has astornomical potential. it is an incredible machine with the uncanny ability to surprise you with an ever raising limit.

Just some of the few.... I'm in no way trying to bash the accord or make it seem like the Legend is the best car ever made, But it is indeed a car that was Ahead Of It's time.... :D

IMO, The best Legend you can get to "keep up" w/ the newer cars on the market would be a:

93-95 LS Coupe (Type II Motor) 230HP

94-95 GS Sedan (Type II Motor) 230HP

Both models came in AT / 6-Spd applications.

There is aftermarket support avalible for the Legend.

Dinan / Bayou ECU chips

Custom CAI or on the market Short-Ram's

Exhaust systems: Greddy/Trust, Remus, Stroumng, ect.. All Legend Spec. applications.

Suspension : Eibach, H&R, Kg/mm, Intrax, Ground Control, Koni, JIC Magic, Canover ect..

Power: Custom but on the market, Always NOS, MLS/KMS Bored TB, headers (in the works) Hi flo cats, Custom exhaust system...

Alot of parts are JDM. Body kits and most of other aftermarket parts have to be imported and for a 10 y/o car it's rare to see someone drop 5K on a Admiration kit for a Legend.

Whats funny is that the Legend is just that. No way an accord could compare to a Legend. The 03-04 Accord stock is just now catching up to the 93-95 Type II Legend in terms of unmodified speed. The 03 accord just reccived a 6-speed trans option which the Legend had since 93. No Accord sdn has 6-spd trans options avalible. Luxury no comparison. Newer acura/honda models have just reccived avalible options that were on the Legend since 91.

Here are some tech. aspects of the Legend:

1.) It is a technology Testbed. The KA was Honda's first attempt at the Germans so they used the best of the best of the best.

2.) the Drivetrain. Being MF (Midship front wheel drive) it was ahead of its time and there still is NO car on the road with this setup. the Audi's Subarus Chryslers and many other Front engine Frontwheels drive cars have something similar but the drive axles are behind the engine. making the engine fully ahead of the axels.

3.) superb attention to detail. you know that even the manual transmission has an oil cooler for this car? Every automatic on the road has a trans fluid cooler but VERY FEW manual transmission cars have transfluid coolers. The chassis structure has some amazing bracing to help with flex.

4.) design. the design is interpretable. i for one believe it is and may possibly always be one of the most elegantly brutish and beautifully crafted design ever created. the sedan has the perfect mixture of muscular tone and pretty face. the interior so supple lining up correctly everywhere your eye flows from one side to the other non-stop. absolutley gorgeous.

5.) Athletic Aesthetics. being a pretty dainty looking car to the casual veiwer it shows that its not really all that polite with it's engine. The engine makes the legend the Jewel it really is (plus hte transmission selections) out of 3206cc it puts out 200 or 230hp. in this time with out VTEC or any valve play, that was superior power from the displacement. with a torque curve that made every manufacturer jealous.

6.) Its uncanny handling. Many think it may handle like boat but until they have really learned to drive this car (not just drive fast but drive fluidly) they dont know that this car has astornomical potential. it is an incredible machine with the uncanny ability to surprise you with an ever raising limit.

Just some of the few.... I'm in no way trying to bash the accord or make it seem like the Legend is the best car ever made, But it is indeed a car that was Ahead Of It's time.... :D

YEAH!!!!!!

I called in some reinforcements from a forum dedicated to Legends.

:D

cant really say much that TII didnt think of, but just like TII & 91LSMan said, the Legend is NOT based on the accord...it is on its own dedicated platform, do some research and you'll see... TRUST us. Only the vigor was based on the accord back then...

Hmmm, done some reasearch and gotten no where. Seen many forums that have both gen. Legends based off the Accord platform, while the RL was it's own platform. Haven't found anything "concrete" then just hearsay tho.

I don't see why it is so hard to believe that the Legend was based off a modified Accord platform? The platform has spun off into the TL, CL, Inspire, Saber, Vigor, and the first gen Oddy as well as being modified into the "truck platform" which includes the Odyssey/LaGreat, Pilot, and MDX.

And please don't come at me with "different chassis code, must be different platform" arguement. All those models up above were based off the Accord, yet have their own CHASSIS CODE. The Civic, Integra, CR-V, and Element come off the same platform...yet they too have different chassis codes.

Not that I really care what platform it's based off of...I still think it's a nice car. I hope you don't get me wrong. But if your gonna cry over the fact that the Legend is somehow related to an Accord, then so be it...the Legend is it's own platform. Happy?

Hmmm, done some reasearch and gotten no where. Seen many forums that have both gen. Legends based off the Accord platform, while the RL was it's own platform. Haven't found anything "concrete" then just hearsay tho.

I don't see why it is so hard to believe that the Legend was based off a modified Accord platform? The platform has spun off into the TL, CL, Inspire, Saber, Vigor, and the first gen Oddy as well as being modified into the "truck platform" which includes the Odyssey/LaGreat, Pilot, and MDX.

And please don't come at me with "different chassis code, must be different platform" arguement. All those models up above were based off the Accord, yet have their own CHASSIS CODE. The Civic, Integra, CR-V, and Element come off the same platform...yet they too have different chassis codes.

Not that I really care what platform it's based off of...I still think it's a nice car. I hope you don't get me wrong. But if your gonna cry over the fact that the Legend is somehow related to an Accord, then so be it...the Legend is it's own platform. Happy?

It's not "hard" to believe. I understand that the other Hondas/Acuras mentiond are based off of the same platforms. I have just never seen any concrete proof saying that the Legend is based on the Accord-if anyone would like to show me some I'll look at it. I have seen people ask this question before and people always said no (other various forums). If anyone has any concrete proof either way feel free to post it.

And BuddySol, I'm not trying to be argumentative and I'm sure the other Legend owners are not either.

:)

Dinan makes stuff for the Legend? awesome. i thought they were mainly a european aftermarket company?

Yes, they make two chips. Stage I and Stage II. I don't have either, but I have heard good things from those that do have one.

Dinan makes stuff for the Legend? awesome. i thought they were mainly a european aftermarket company?

They use to back in the early/mid 90's. They ere actually trying to get in on the up and comming import seen. They made the cip for the legend but in turn sold the right to Bayou Preformance LLC.

Actually it the opposite way around. The RL was based off the KA Platform which was the Legend.

KA3 Honda Legend Coupe /acura Legend Coupe

KA7 Honda Legend SDN. Acura Legend SDN

KA8 Honda Legend /Acura Legend Coupe

KA9 Honda Legend /Acura RL

Damn, I'd given up on this thread a while back, and now look at it! All the info. is very helpful, however by this time the car is already sold and I ended up wrecking my accord and pouring my unfortunate money into fixing it. Life sucks sometimes, eh? By all means keep posting up the info. though, I'm still very interested, and should be coming into some decent money by the end of the year. Anyone have pics/stats on a modded legend? Would be entertaining to see some hp #s and possibly track runs.

BTW, thanks 91LSMAN for the recruitment. Always good to get some more intelligent peeps contributing to the board topics, especially ones I host. :D

Damn, I'd given up on this thread a while back, and now look at it! All the info. is very helpful, however by this time the car is already sold and I ended up wrecking my accord and pouring my unfortunate money into fixing it. Life sucks sometimes, eh? By all means keep posting up the info. though, I'm still very interested, and should be coming into some decent money by the end of the year. Anyone have pics/stats on a modded legend? Would be entertaining to see some hp #s and possibly track runs.

BTW, thanks 91LSMAN for the recruitment. Always good to get some more intelligent peeps contributing to the board topics, especially ones I host. :D

Not a problem-just trying to spread the the "Love" of the Acura Legend. :D

Archived