Tranny swap

shadoe1998

Why just swap transmissions? I would look into swapping to a five speed DOHC Prelude engine. No sense in having a swapped tranny w/ a weak motor.

IMO

The wiring harness that is connected to the shifter will have to be modified in order for the car to operate properly. If you reuse the stock throttle cable it might not match up and you will need to change the gas pedal over to the manual pedal assembly.

Who knows what the song is called and who it is by that goes "this is for my baby girl" and it sounds digitally

thank you

Dude, shut the hell up about that song. Don't go posting in other threads about it just because you didn't get an answer.

Who knows what the song is called and who it is by that goes "this is for my baby girl"  and it sounds digitally

thank you

Dude, shut the hell up about that song. Don't go posting in other threads about it just because you didn't get an answer.

w00t lol!

• 9 months later...

I have done the swap on this car and what an amazing pain in the booty :crazy: . All I can say now that it works. but there were problems that came along the way, such as: Price of parts!!! Locate the used parts!!! And the firewall is a different firewall (There is a couple of washer like mounts for the clutch pedal welded to it).

The shift cables were $326 at the Honda dealer, but I found an accord at the junkyard that was fortunately still intact (usually the junkyard uses a bolt cutter to this and renders it usuless) and got it for $25. Other parts will nickle and dime you to death as well.

So this here and whatever else that came along with the project just made me want to go back in time and say to hell with it and search for a different car, despite the fact that EX 5G Accords are next to impossible to find.

If you do decide to go with this, good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived