ecu ? on jdm d15b

97CIVICHATCHDX

Does anyone know what ecu the jdm d15b is suppose to have? Vtec doesn't feel like its kicking in at all. Im going to check tomorrow and see which ecu is in the car, but just wanted to see if anyone knew which ecu it was.

With 130hp you won't ever feel vtec kick in. This isn't F&F.

With an aftermarket intake or exhaust you might hear it though.

It should be a p28 or p2p. Both of which are the american counterpart that run a d15b just fine.

Found out mine has the p2p ecu. I have read that other people having issues with getting up to speed at low rpm"s and beginning of each gear. I have read that the p28 ecu is the way to go and to also get the p08 maps put on it. Inless you can find a p08 ecu but heard those are hard to find. The p28 ecu seems to react better at the low rpm's and beginning of each gear. Let me know if im wrong

beats me, ebay indicates maybe $200 or so. most of the ones on eBay are obd1 with a conversion harness. Swaps and ecus are beyond my sphere of experience though. My realm is more in the stock category.

• 2 weeks later...

the po8 base map is the way to go with jdm d15bvtec 130hp, with the d16zc vtec you want to use the p28. 125 hp- 127hp. The Jdm d15b will destroy all other single vtec motors and even some b-series motors with a good tune on your d15bvtec. i should know because my bone stock d15b vtec with a little tune made 120 Bhp and 101 ft lbs torque at the wheels. Which means 140hp to the fly wheel.

Nice to know draytech, I may be asking you some more questions then. It seems my car can pick speed up pretty quick in 2nd and 3rd but at the start of first gear its like you have to kind of ride the clutch at 2000-2500 rpm just to get it to move a little quicker, Im not really sure how to explain it. But it Just seems sluggish in first gear.

Archived