California's new law for altezzas?

fuzzylogic

Some guy told me that California now has a new law against altezza lights. The only ones that are allowed are the ones that come stock from the dealer. Is this true? The guy told me on friday....he sold altezza light up until he found out about this law. I believe him, but i was wondering if this is true for all of California. thanks

if its a california law then it would be for the whole state. but i seriously doubt they are going to outlaw altezza lights when dealers are selling cars with them on as stock lighting.

don't worry about altezza lights...the police might not make them illegal, but the rice police will definetly arrest your ass and throw you in jail.

some altezzas are already illegal, nationally. depending on how your car is built, it maybe illegal. most manufacturers build the rear sidemarker and side reflector into the tail light housing. If that's the case, then those altezzas are illegal, since most aftermarket makers decide to leave those off and slap a "DOT Approved" sticker on it, when in actuality it's not. If you notice, APC has changed most of their designs to include a side reflector, but still leaves out the sidemarker.

yes some altezzas are illeagle, if you cant see the red light in day time.. then your probaly gonna getta fix it ticket.. anyways, there ugly.

cali has a new smog law, they use a dyno now, and my lil bros 93 MR2 didnt the original rims(which was the 15inch), he was using the 91 MR2 14inch, just by an inch, he failed 4 times!!

Wheels don't have anything to do with exhaust.

correct, wheels dont do anything to the exhaust.

smog... exhaust... ........adding an intake to your car increase housepower, same gose for any other modification..

my lil bros wheels are smaller, and the dyno has to read exact specs, from how much air your getting to how much RPM by the rotation of the wheels,

so by california law, if selling car that dose not pass smog, the last owner has to help you in anyway possible.

the owner kept the original 93 MR2 15" rims(he wanted to keep, and make profit selling them,since they look nicer)

but we only have 3 93 15"s, so i put 2 15''s in the back, and it pass smog this time.

EDIT: spelling

Still, wheels don't have anything to do with RPM or smog. No matter how much your wheels weigh (within reason), you will stil be able to hit your redline, it will just take longer. It doesn't matter if it adds horsepower, as long as it is CARB approved.

well.. for some reason on smaller stock wheels in spec by years, it made it fail, how?! well it could be one of the reasons what you meantioned. and it passed with original year wheels.

i dont know for sure, it shouldnt matter for you guys, the fact that you guys arent in the state of CA, and that some states dont have a BAR law..

I didn't read the whole thread before replying so sorry if we're off topic here but, when you order tail lights make sure that they are DOT compliant. If they are they'll say so that you know you're safe buying them. If they don't say in an ad or something ask. If they are compliant that means things will be in the rigfht spots of where they have to be for each car. That's all I ever sell are DOT comlliant Altezza's!!!

They may say it, but it's not necessarily true. Take for instance, the first gen APCs for the Sol. Completely removed the rear side reflector and the sidemarker would shine clear, instead of red. Also, the driving light, as well as brake lights, should be visible for so many feet behind the car during the daytime. The APC tail light for the Sol is notorious for being so dim during the day. If it weren't for the 3rd brake light, it was hard to tell if the car was braking just by standing in back of it. Yet, somehow DOT approved a pretty much street illegal tail light? I highly doubt it.

Archived