Im Back.... in the honda game :)

So....... guys after much time and many sad years im back from the darkside i remember it as if it were yesterday i was just wee little lad at my grandparents near downtown corpus christi , tx and i remember it was about midnight or so i was asleep and all i hear is tires burning and what at the time sounded like the most awesome thing ever it was prolly 1997 or so and i hear for the first time v tec engaging as a single slammer civic coupe and dc2 integra tear down the feeder road right in front of my grand parents i sat out there till like 3 in the morning watching them line up and race with out a care in the world and it was AWESOME well a few years down the road i had been doing a lot of helping with the body shop and im about 14 or 15 now and im in the process of getting my first car its like 2005 or 2006 and i buy my first teg it was an odd ball out at my dads friends little used lot and was automatic :( but none the less a car it was an all stock ls clean but auto but i didnt care i took the car every chance i got i said i lost the spare key and kept it in my room :p my parents went out of town alot so i always drove the car and man was it fun raced my car and had my first loss to my friends d15 vtec ef hatch but i was hooked i started making slightly better money and bought me a 1991 crx si with a b18b 5 speed swap for 750 bucks on ls mesh wheels :) fresh swap to but the guy couldnt get it finished all the way and i got it that was first time thinking about a turbo because i raced my buddies ef hatch again and we were door to door and i wanted some extra power and he had a friend with a eclipse turbo and i bought it for like 40 or 50 bucks got a rebuild kit and bought a cheap ebay mani and some talon tsi injectors with a fuel pump and then i used he small side mount intercooler and ran 7.5 psi and i was hooked on boost then tragedy struck and motor went and i sold the car for 1500 bucks :p then i drove a eg8 for a while then graduated high school and my parents bought my a new car well....... i went to the dark side and got a 2003 mustang mach 1 4.6 dohc rear wheel drive torque monster alot faster then any of my other cars but not near as reliable i once drove my eg8 to s/a and back about 2 hours or so with no oil in the little 1.5 non vtec 55 whp beater never left me high and dry well the mustang blows up the tranny i rebuild it all brass sycros and alot of other stuff and then 3 months later blow it up at the san antonio race way then replace it with a roush mustang 380r tranny tremec what a piece and then finally i sell the supercharger i put on it and dont get me wrong did well made 360 whp on 8 psi with a tune then sold the blower kit and bought my wife her 1999 sf5 subaru forster s awd :) and have had it since now the the mustang is gone and the db7 is here to stay :p after a few very long months down but you read about that build in my bio

if you say so guy.. funny story, ive seen alot of "poor people" hondas out perform "real sports cars" :rolleyes:

since when did the used to be cool members turn straight douche?

Umm, dude? What crawled up your ass? His question was how we got into Honda's, not why I still own it. My car had 4 doors, 97 hp and rust holes big enough for your foot to fit in. When I bought it I didn't own a wrench. How would I have known what any car could do? When you know nothing about cars all you can do is buy your speed and I was broke.

I certainly could have done scads better had I had more then 2 nickels to rub together, at the very least, I would have got a Prelude or an S.

• 1 month later...

Archived