eh6 '93 rear sway bar

badbash27

Hey guys, I have been slowly upgrading the suspension on my 93 del sol si. It has the d16z6 engine, and thus it is an EH6 chassis. As you guys know, it did not come with a stock rear sway bar, but if I am understanding other forums correctly. It is possible to put on an aftermarket sway bar. Does anyone know of a compatible sway bar / end link kit for it? I am not sure how the eg and eh chassis are set up. Links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/STQ-52161

thats what i had on my sol, and currently have on my hatch. What suspension stuff do you currently have? I would recommend one of these: http://www.function7.com/products/egbrace if you are planning to really use your suspension. now, that one is kinda expensive, you can go cheaper, but im a big fan of function7, when my bushings went bad i emailed some pics of them, and they shipped them out same day, no questions ask... so I will pay extra for their amazing product and customer service.

cool! Thank you.

I am currently just replacing everything old on the car. I figure its about 18 years old or so, and it still has all original suspension. Recently the front springs cracked and split on both sides, so I replaced upper and lower ball joints, lower control arms, kyb shocks, OE springs and sway bar bushings. I have rear shocks and springs as well as trail arm bushings, but I have to wait to put them on because the bolts connecting the shocks to the lower arms are rusted in place and we were afraid if we torqued too hard they would snap and we would just be sol. Figure I will get new lower arms in a few pay checks and then eventually do a reinforce plate and rear sway bar. It's a work in progress. Just working with what I can afford at this point.

Thing is though is that eventually I do want to put upgraded ones on. So the sway bar thing might not be a right now type of ordeal, however sooner then later I am going to want them. I was originally going to just do an upgrade, but because of money, and the current set up being in such poor shape, I decided that it would be best to return it to stock and then upgrade later.

yea, right now the springs are at my friends shop, next time I get out there I will snap some pics and post em here. Car is around 18 years old and the hardware is all original. Car has a little over 150k on her, and has been located primarily in northern Minnesota. Currently she is in northern Wisconsin, so in her day she has seen more then her fair share of salt.

Archived