Common swap questions

So recently i have been looking into doing a swap into my very clean and unmolested EF sedan. It already has a B18 JDM swap into it, but i want more.

What im trying to do is swap a 4g63 and awd setup from a "dsm" into it. it should be pretty straight foreward, right? thoughts and input welcome.

i was told to use a 7-bolt because it holds the welds on the intake better.

Ive heard the great stories about the crankshaft moving from side to side creating more torque off the line, which is cool.

also would like to make it a 6-speed if possible.

So recently i have been looking into doing a swap into my very clean and unmolested EF sedan. It already has a B18 JDM swap into it, but i want more.

What im trying to do is swap a 4g63 and awd setup from a "dsm" into it. it should be pretty straight foreward, right? thoughts and input welcome.

i was told to use a 7-bolt because it holds the welds on the intake better.

Ive heard the great stories about the crankshaft moving from side to side creating more torque off the line, which is cool.

also would like to make it a 6-speed if possible.

Yes you can, it is a straight bolt up swap, no fab work at all. Since honda built the 4g63 engine, should be a breeze. Also I would recommend using a "whale penis intake" I hear the net an instant 100AWHP!! Also the 6 speed from a 3000gt VR4 will bolt right up. SO this swap is very simple!! Another good tip is use a Evo IX turbo with a 6 bolt exhaust manifold and no gasket!! Sounds amazing that way. Never use anything bigger than 1.5" exhaust, you will loose horse power. That engine needs back pressure to run right.

i wonder what hp range im looking at. prolly around 600awhp, give or take a few.

that a bump up from the 220 that im putting down now

I would add a few for what you're looking to swap into that. The vetech on those 4g63 engines pop so hard you'll run 8's all day. I love 4g63 vetech engines!! All 6 cylinders are at least 100hp a piece. Especially if you get the famous walking crank. I hear those are awesome for torque!!

• 4 months later...

and can you put the guts out of the y8 dist. into the z6 i had to file the one hole on dist. it seems scarey to do

just did a 2000 si motor swap from the y8 to a obd1 z6 i had to change the oil pump cause the y8 has a sensor on it is there anyway around that for next time? ???? ???

well sorry though youd understand i took an OBD1 d16z6 and cause it was a 2000 its OBD2 so i had to remove intake and distributer and oil pump from the OBD2 d16y8 and put it on d16z6 so it would work i was asking for next time do i have to change oil pump or get around that because there is a sensor on the d16y8 that is not on the d16z6 someone was saying to trick the computer by wiring the plug that goes to that sensor to its self is this true and was wondering if i could use the d16z6 distributer and just put the inside peices from the d16y8 in the housing of the d16z6 cause i had to file the hole to make it fit to the head and only got one bolt holding it in place? hope you can understand so i know

with still running a obd2b ecu you will need to swap all those parts. are you sure its a y8 dizzy, if memory serves me right, those use the same bolt pattern, the b7 and y7 use the same dizzy housing too.... but y7 and y8 are different.

edit, It would also be very helpful if you could find that little dot thingy... i only call it that because I'm pretty sure you don't know what the frack a period is.

i really wasnt strong in english and the period button is gone im 100% positive it is a D1.6z6 and i swapped everything over from the D1.6 y8 it runs and drives i was just wondering about the sensor that bolts to the oil pump on the D 1.6 y8 if you dont have to do that for next time i do this. someone was telling me to cut the plug off and just wire the 2 wires together to trick the computer is this true? but the distributor didnt line up but i filled the top hole and have just one bolt holding it in just to see if it ran. hope you understand.

• 2 months later...

^^^ hey this guy. can you please elaborate on what all was needed for the swap. i am in the same situation and need info. what ecu are you using? what harness are you using? are you using a jumper harness? what all parts did you change around etc?

Archived