replacement rocker panels?

OTiS

as iv stated many times before i have rust eaten rocker panels. its on the part that connects the sideskirt and goes all the way back to the beginning of the rear wheel well. does anybody know a place that sells those parts cheap? or would any other civic rocker panel fit with little to no modding?

majestic only has one side for 115 i beleve

Since it is a part you will never see you can just make your own. Take some sheet, bend it at the appropriate spots into the correct "U" shape, weld it on, mark and drill the attachment spots for the skirt to lock into.

idk if i can bend it myself. never worked with sheetmetal before. heres some pics of how bad it is.

SDC11035.jpg

SDC11036.jpg

SDC11037.jpg

SDC11038.jpg

SDC11041.jpg

these are from inside the trunk, near the taillight, behind the bumper cover

SDC11039.jpg

SDC11040.jpg

buy some rust repair panels, that covers the wheel arch and some of your under-door rail. you will need to pull the lower side skirt to see the full extent of the damage but the part under the skirt is where you just fab up the replacement. rust repair isn't an exact science, it's part art and part sweat and a whole lot of 'looks good enough' (when it comes to a DD)

I hate to send you elsewhere, but there are several excellent how-to guides written at d-series.org with butt-loads of pics, materials lists and step by step instructions.

noob question but what do you mean by rust repair panels? like from www.fixmyrust.com? i actually saw a how to on d-series and have it bookmarked. to be honest this is something i dont have the tools or time to do myself. what i wanted to do was get the replacement panels and pay someone to weld them on. i can kinda pull back the sideskirt and see the damage and tbh its not as bad as i was expecting. its more of the spot in the trunk and the area between the rear wheel well and door.

That's the place.

nothing for the del sol tho. just civics and crx. would the 92-95 civic ones work since most egs are interchangeable or would the del sol be diffrent? if they would work which should i look at hb,sedan or coupe ones? also what about the wheel arches?

you need to have sol arches. the del sol body lines were unique to that chassis. last i checked that place had them. d-series would be the place to ask around to find a place that still stocks them.

• 4 months later...

Archived